Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's currently 20*F outside my window. I've already stoked the wood stove, and am eagerly awaiting the thermometer to squeeze out a few more degrees before heading out. I've always taken a New Year's ride when I could and circumstances would allow. They're not always very long rides, but necessary for good riding in the coming year. So is anybody else taking a New Year's ride today?

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
I may take a short ride, but I'm waiting till this afternoon when the temperatures come up a bit. I'm probably going to test out the new Sena 20S intercom set that we bought ourselves for Christmas and see how they work as far as distance. We tried them out a last weekend on the ST1300 riding two up, but that obviously isn't a test for distance like it will be today. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
14 above plus wind equals zero degrees chill factor. I'll pass.

My Tennessee friends could never understand how I could stand living in this cold climate, but I'd say 20 isn't all that warm, especially for riding. Must be colder where you are in the mountains.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I'll be riding this afternoon for sure. I got to test out my new jacket. First Gear Kilimanjaro!

Reactions: Thantos

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Hey Tiger.........I lived in IL for just over 50 years (just across from St. Louis) and we got our share of cold weather there, which is one of the reasons I moved to TN in 2006. I remember leaving the house one morning in Jan to go deer hunting (pistol season only) and the actual temperature was -15 degrees........one of the dumbest things I've ever done. Right now, it's 30 degrees in E. TN where I'm at and it's suppose to get to mid 40's today and sunny, so I'll most like do a short ride.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Hey Obi......looks like you guys are going to get into the mid 60's this afternoon..........good on ya, that would be nice.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Yeah man for sure. Btw keep us posted on the distance test results of the sena 20's.

Reactions: triplethreat

·
Registered
97 Posts
22 now and "feels like" 13 according to Weather Channel. Wife and her FZ09 won't be going anywhere. I may take my bike out later out of principal, we'll see.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Might push the We-strom out for a quick jaunt. Picking up the FZ-09 tomorrow, I hope. Forecast for rain and mid-40's perfect weather for first ride on a new bike. Might bring it home in a truck.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
^^^^ That's just soooo wrong.........40's in Huntsville in the middle of winter. Contrats on the bike and get it home however you can........SAFELY!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Temperatures are in the high 30s to low 40s F today, good for a couple hours of riding on the FZ-09...

After returning home, my Yamaha Morphous wanted some attention. Back out on the road for a second time...

Such a great way to start the new year!

·
Registered
391 Posts
I would have braved mid twenties but I'm at the airport; going to NoCal to visit Mama. Have fun everyone :)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
It's only -2 C here, but the snow on the road makes it a no go... :sad:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Pushed the We-Strom out of the garage, and took a short putt. Hope the weather holds so I can pick up my FZ tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts