Deposit or No

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll start it out (since I'm the one that started the thread....Duh! ) and say that I will have to choose "1" in the poll. What say yea of the great FZ09 Beeb?

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what's a reasonable amount for a deposit?
I did a $500 deposit..........seemed reasonable to me and I guess to them also.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a deposit on a graphite at my local shop. They said I could have the first one anyway, but money down is insurance to me.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So it looks like we've got 4 or 5 folks with money down! :cool: Who else?

·
Registered
56 Posts
so say i put down a $500 deposit. what if something happens and i can't buy the bike, will it be refundable? i assume only the dealership i go to can really answer this. but i thought it was worth a shot here and maybe some people have experienced it before.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, I'm afraid that question is only going to be answered by the dealer that you are trying to buy from.....and........if they agree to it, make sure that it is put IN WRITING and signed by the Sales Manager or Owner. Otherwise, it's your word against them if you do have to cancel

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm in tight with my dealership. They said no worries on returning the cash if I say no. Ask them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The dealership I'm going through in Dallas said that the deposit would be refundable. My problem is that no locals have a clue about the bike. The dealer in Dallas said that they usually release to the California area first then make their way to Texas. He was saying that they are not even able to put the order in yet. He was thinking it would be around October.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cool beans.......let us know how it turns out for ya.

·
Registered
56 Posts
well before i even suggested a deposit the salesman said i can just through down $100 and it's refundable too and i can put it towards any bike. i was the first one to put down a deposit for the fz09 and they said they are expecting it to arrive between sept-oct, just like everyone else lol.

i'd say today was a good day.

although how much do dealerships usually charge for assembly and shipping? i was looking at all the price tags on bikes and assembly and preparation charges on all bikes is set at $960 and transportation is $310.
that's almost $1300 right there. i think that's a bit much...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've emailed a couple dealers no response, and honestly I never put a deposit down some something that I have not seen or test ridden. AND with this throttle by wire, i'm a bit hesitant due to some DBW/TBW being great and others being crap.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts