Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll need a PCv and a ECU flash to get her running perfectly.
Methinks that a decent flash should negate the need for a PCv.
Cmon, wade in with your opinions/facts

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
This thing looks very interesting but does it disable the speed limiter, lower the fan temps and reduce the throttle cut? Those were the biggest improvements for me after a flash. I read through the Dyna Jet brochure and understood the fueling but didn't see the other features that a flash provides.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The other issues more have to do with firmware code changes or data being referenced by the code. Fan on/off are just values. PCv isn't going to be able to do that. Same with speed limiter. Depending of just how much the PCv harness cuts into the 'everything' one could think it could smooth out the throttle values being returned to the ECU. But in the ECU are throttle position tables.
I take it, he is selling you "all" lol, what you 'need' ???

If he is, run, don't walk and never talk to him again. If he skrew you, he skrews others and will do your friends if you send him business.

·
Vendor
1,119 Posts
all the pcv does is adjust fuel, the flash adjusts fuel in a better way.

The pcv lengthens or shortens the pulse width sent from the ecu based only off of throttle position vs rpm

The ecu adjust fueling based off of manifold pressure vs rpm and throttle position vs rpm
and both are adjusted in the flash

in the lower rpm and throttle positions its stronger biased toward the MAP vs RPM as we go up in rpm and throttle position it switches over to all TPS vs RPM

why would you take away one of the parameters the ecu adjust fueling? He is trying to sell you something you don't need

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm sure I am showing my ignorance, but when people reference PCV, what are you actually referring to? In my day, PCV stood for Positive Crankcase Ventilation, not sure what this thread is referencing, but since I will be going down this path shortly I want to understand what is being discussed. Thanks!

·
Vendor
46 Posts
PCV = PowerCommander V, a kind of piggy-back fuel controller that increases or decreases the injectror pulsewidth by an adjustable percent. It gained popularity when flashing a stock ECU was unheard of, or at the very most the property of factory teams.

Flashing the ECU, actually changing the amount of fuel the ECU wants to inject, is more accurate and more adjustable, and has become far more common in the past few years.

·
Registered
88 Posts
PCV = PowerCommander V, a kind of piggy-back fuel controller that increases or decreases the injectror pulsewidth by an adjustable percent. It gained popularity when flashing a stock ECU was unheard of, or at the very most the property of factory teams.

Flashing the ECU, actually changing the amount of fuel the ECU wants to inject, is more accurate and more adjustable, and has become far more common in the past few years.
Thanks for the clarification, I am going the FTEcu route myself with the Graves map since it is a Graves Exhaust I am installing....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the clarification, I am going the FTEcu route myself with the Graves map since it is a Graves Exhaust I am installing....
You don't need to do any thing, but I agree that a reflash would be the best thing for you as long as you don't need to meet emissions once a year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts