Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$9345.95. I really hate how much extra taxes, title, and build costs add on to msrp. Almost no-longer seems worth it :/

·
Super Moderator
5,708 Posts
^^^^^^ what he said

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Taxes here are 8.25% so that would total $8,658.92. That's also assuming they won't charge me for the build, title, registration, etc.

How are you guys getting it any cheaper?

W

·
0 Posts
Ouch!!! I'm getting one for $8,4xx out-the-door.
No tax or fees? Without being too specific where would this be? In my area it would be $7990 + $1100 freight/setup + about 9% tax + ~$150 for license. So make it around $10K OTD, and the dealers'll be getting it, too, because of the buzz on this bike. That's more than I paid for my FZ8 and why I am recommending wait and see how these bikes really work in the real world before plunking down the dough.

W

·
0 Posts
Taxes here are 8.25% so that would total $8,658.92. That's also assuming they won't charge me for the build, title, registration, etc.

How are you guys getting it any cheaper?
It seems very unlikely any dealer would discount this bike; all they need to do is read these forums and see that the demand far outweighs the supply at the moment. I had my local salesman tell me that the FZ8 would actually retain more value as they'd be harder to find, and some people don't want the FZ9. (I am tired of searching for the "-" and the "0" so it's "FZ9" from here on in.) And rightly so as the FZ8 is certainly going to be a better all-rounder for those doing long rides, some sporty touring, etc. Four cylinders, and less "edgy". A cheaper FZ1.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It seems very unlikely any dealer would discount this bike; all they need to do is read these forums and see that the demand far outweighs the supply at the moment. I had my local salesman tell me that the FZ8 would actually retain more value as they'd be harder to find, and some people don't want the FZ9. (I am tired of searching for the "-" and the "0" so it's "FZ9" from here on in.) And rightly so as the FZ8 is certainly going to be a better all-rounder for those doing long rides, some sporty touring, etc. Four cylinders, and less "edgy". A cheaper FZ1.
The way I see it, the 9 is better than the 8 in every way but the throttle and funky frame. Throttle can be fixed but frame may or may not be fixable (relative to the suspension and front feel). I don't see why anyone would want the 8 a few years from now seeing as the 9 has a smoother mode specifically for times you don't want to feel the 'edge'

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
BS, I've had dealers tell me they are making smoking deals on the FZ8 because they know once the -09 shows up that they are gonna be screwed with 8 just sitting on the floor.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
In my area it would be $7990 + $1100 freight/setup + about 9% tax + ~$150 for license. So make it around $10K OTD, and the dealers'll be getting it, too, because of the buzz on this bike.
Freight should never be more than $250 ($300 max) on a 400lb bike. Set-up should not be more than $150 ($200 max) on a bike like this; minimal adjustment out of box. So Maximum should be no more than $500 freight & set-up (Max), if it's more then the dealer is trying to screw you.

The BUZZ on this bike is 'Yamaha is delivering a bad-a$$ bike at a budget price'....................

·
Super Moderator
5,708 Posts
Look, you know that a dealer is still making money if they are willing to sell to me or anyone else WITHOUT freight and setup......they ain't giving them away. There has always been and will always be greedy dealers, and if you allow them to pull your knickers down and bend you over....shame on both of y'all. And after I bought one for a reasonable price, I'd swing back by the first dealership and let everyone that walked in their door know how they TRIED to screw you over.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Look, you know that a dealer is still making money if they are willing to sell to me or anyone else WITHOUT freight and setup......they ain't giving them away. There has always been and will always be greedy dealers, and if you allow them to pull your knickers down and bend you over....shame on both of y'all. And after I bought one for a reasonable price, I'd swing back by the first dealership and let everyone that walked in their door know how they TRIED to screw you over.
It pisses me that Yamaha is trying to do a great thing by coming out with a sweet bike at with a very reasonable price tag and some scum dealers are trying to capitalize on the hype by screwing people and turning it into 'not' such a good deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not better in every way..........

The way I see it, the 9 is better than the 8 in every way but the throttle and funky frame. Throttle can be fixed but frame may or may not be fixable (relative to the suspension and front feel). I don't see why anyone would want the 8 a few years from now seeing as the 9 has a smoother mode specifically for times you don't want to feel the 'edge'
I am anxious to ride the 9, but I am not in a hurry to trade in my 8. The 8 has a more aggressive riding position, better wind protection, and the range is quite a bit better too. The 8 has lots of power and the throttle is smooth, linear, and responsive. At 5'10" and 170 pounds the riding position and the stock suspension settings work just fine for me, and I have no complaints at all with the 8.

The 9 looks like a great bike for the city and for twisty back roads, but the 8 may be a better choice for a mix of city and highway. Two bikes would be ideal! Just my two cents.............

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am anxious to ride the 9, but I am not in a hurry to trade in my 8. The 8 has a more aggressive riding position, better wind protection, and the range is quite a bit better too. The 8 has lots of power and the throttle is smooth, linear, and responsive. At 5'10" and 170 pounds the riding position and the stock suspension settings work just fine for me, and I have no complaints at all with the 8.

The 9 looks like a great bike for the city and for twisty back roads, but the 8 may be a better choice for a mix of city and highway. Two bikes would be ideal! Just my two cents.............
I got rid of my FZ8 last year. It was very comfy and fairly agile at speed but the motor was kind of boring to me. Almost sewing-machine like in its drone and power delivery. Very appliance-like. Also it felt top-heavy in slow speed maneuvering, more so than my KTM 950 which is disconcerting. Still a fantastic bike and a great commuter but it just didn't do it for me. I got rid of my R6 for the FZ8 but I've since figured out that I'm a twins and triples guy. My old Speed Triple still haunts my dreams...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Best Canadian deal I have found

Hey, In Canada, the best deal I have found is 8749.00+ gst 5 %= 9186.00 out the door, no charge for freight or assembly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

True, the extra weight might be nice on the freeway :)

I don't plan on doing wheelies so I'm actually looking into a CB1100 at the moment. Used with 300 miles for $10,000 out the door sounds swell imo

·
Super Moderator
5,708 Posts
SnowCrash wrote:
I don't plan on doing wheelies
I'm thinking that with this bike.........you won't need to PLAN on doing wheelies......it'll just happen.......at least that's what I PLAN on. Wheelies are kind of like good sex! Once you discover it, you don't ever want to quit! Hmmmm.......think I'll take the ST1300 out tomorrow and have some......."SEX"!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts