Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Is the throttle response too harsh for you?

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, so it is a poll afterall (found the button!). So, I'm looking for more information. Of those who have taken delivery of their bikes (not just ridden one), do you find the throttle response to a concern?

If you answered yes:

What is your previous bike(s)?
How long have you been riding?
What types of riding do you typically do?

Looking to understand what everyone thinks...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yes i find that a and standard are a bit annoying in city traffic and on bumpy roads especially if there twistie i wouldnt say its un rideable just be careful around a turn so you dont accidently pin it and go flying of the side of a mountain

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well i came from a 1988 Bmw k100Rs and been riding for about 6 Years And i do all types of riding and as for the scores on the poll so far maybe i read it wrong the throttle is fine when your on it its only when you gO from throttle to no throttle and them back on which is why i said it can be annoying in city traffic and im comparing it to a Bmw haha :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
A mode will take some getting used to , I couldn't keep the front wheel on the ground ! but it was fun !!! Been riding for 40 years, ZRX1100, (sold to buy the 09) SV1000( sold to buy the 09) current bikes Kawasaki Concours 14, Honda GL1800, Yamaha XS650, FZ09

·
Registered
275 Posts
I love standard mode on twisty roads, but not around town. The lean spot off idle is also there in all modes.

You don't want me to list all my previous bikes, do you? Current bikes: 2008 SV650n, R1150GS, 1990 CB1, RZ350, R80G/S etc. Previous: Monster 796, Bandit 1200, Bandit 1250, CBR929, GS1100E.

Riding 36 years.

Long day rides to the twisty roads, 3 to 5 day sport touring type rides, staying off freeways.

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love standard mode on twisty roads, but not around town. The lean spot off idle is also there in all modes.

You don't want me to list all my previous bikes, do you? Current bikes: 2008 SV650n, R1150GS, 1990 CB1, RZ350, R80G/S etc. Previous: Monster 796, Bandit 1200, Bandit 1250, CBR929, GS1100E.

Riding 36 years.

Long day rides to the twisty roads, 3 to 5 day sport touring type rides, staying off freeways.
I love the fact that this bike has attracted so many experienced riders. I feel young...

Honestly, I haven't felt the lean off-idle in any mode but B. Will have to keep an eye out as the engine breaks in and the ECM continues to adapt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts