Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys -

Still only have ~100 miles on the bike (1 week owner). I am on Craigslist today at work, a local guy is selling an unused 2 Brothers Racing SR1 full system for a deal, and I can't resist and simply have to make it happen. Complete impulse purchase.

So now I have it. I didn't realize at the time that it isn't as simple as getting it installed (power commander, reflashes, etc).

Would be great if someone could outline exactly what I need in addition to the exhaust itself....or does it make sense just to bring it to a shop?

Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Typically you would need a power commander which allowed you to go to get your bike tuned and the fueling among other things adjusted however there is a much more simple approach and that is to send your ECU off to one of the many flashers available and get the fuel map flashed into the ECU if it already exists which I'm about 80% sure there is one already available for the 2 Bros system. A cool thing about getting your ECU flashed is that it typically eliminates the need for a Power commander unless you plan on making lots of changes constantly. However if you use your bike as a daily driver it may be difficult to find alternate transportation while the ECU is being flashed so that's something to consider but nothing would warrant bringing it to shop IMO, neither of the options are difficult to do yourself and course you've got this majestic forum with a plethora of knowledge and countless tutorials. Shoot me a PM if you have any other questions and congrats on your purchase!

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Good on you! I still have 4 EJK fuel controller on the shelve. PM me if you are interested. Can get you a good deal. Easy to use & tune.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Good on you! I still have 4 EJK fuel controller on the shelve. PM me if you are interested. Can get you a good deal. Easy to use & tune.
Just go here...I bought one from Marthy and he will give you a great price and any help with it...trust me I know...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys -

Would be great if someone could outline exactly what I need in addition to the exhaust itself....or does it make sense just to bring it to a shop?

Thanks!
Hey guys - Thanks for the comments. I think I will start with the install and reflash and see how that feels...obviously I can always add the power commander later.

Thx Tim

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have that same s1r system installed on my bike. I have no fuel controller or ecu reflash. Although I plan to get a reflash in the future, what I did in the mean time was I plugged off the PAIR valve, it helped the exhaust settle and there's a lot less popping and backfiring. This exhaust is bloody loud though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts