Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to So Cal and bought my 09 from Simi Valley Cycles, they seemed pretty good but they are far from me (LA). Anyone recommend a good/reliable place to service my bike? Pasadena Yamaha is close to me.. any reviews with them? Bert's Mega Mall kind of scares me because it's so huge...

thanks!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Where are you located? I've been riding in the area for 15 years, and can recommend a shop or two fer ya...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Im in north county san diego, i bought mine at north county house of motorcycles , ask for Ian in the salesfloor, and adam for service, his definitely a go to guy when it servicing your fz , because he has one too lol...and theres also Temecula Motorsports ,theyre good too, as for full service + tuning shop-NORTH COUNTY HYPERSPORTS

·
Registered
190 Posts
I bought my bike at Thousand Oaks Powersports. Their service department is pretty good, but their parts department is a mess. Don't order any parts from them. There is also a shop near where I work called West Coast GP Cycles. They do good work and came highly recommended to me. I've had a few mods done in their shop, but when I asked if they would do the ZX10r shock swap for me they got pretty nervous. Anyone else know of any good shops?

Home - Motorcycle Service and Repair Santa Monica & West Los Angeles - West Coast GP Cycles

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm in the San Gabriel valley (Alhambra) but I'd go out of my way a bit for a good dealer
Sweet, I am also in the SGV (SG). I skipped on Pasadena Yamaha and Bert's from the reviews I read and my experience over the phone with them. I almost went to Simi Valley but ended up going to Del Amo Motosports in Costa Mesa for my purchase and service. The crew over there are knowledgable and I had a very pleasant experience with their sales and service departments, Ben the Service Manager also has a FZ9.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I bought my bike at Thousand Oaks Powersports. Their service department is pretty good, but their parts department is a mess. Don't order any parts from them. There is also a shop near where I work called West Coast GP Cycles. They do good work and came highly recommended to me. I've had a few mods done in their shop, but when I asked if they would do the ZX10r shock swap for me they got pretty nervous. Anyone else know of any good shops?

Home - Motorcycle Service and Repair Santa Monica & West Los Angeles - West Coast GP Cycles

I forgot about posting this earlier. I did get my swap done by West Coast GP, and they did the job the same day with no problems. They had just done someone else's Penske swap. I'm going back to giving this shop my full-throated support. If you are anywhere on the west side of LA and need work done, consider stopping by this shop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts