Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

A bit far ahead to plan every single details but I will be in Asheville area during the week of October 16th to 21st. We are doing the Mountain Mille vintage car rally during the week (https://www.vintagerallies.com/mountainmilleschedule.html) and while I'm there I might hi few twisties with the FZ09. Just happen that the trailer is just big enough to fit a car and a bike :evil6:

I could get there a bit early the weekend before or stick around the following weekend (after might be better, can ride Friday-Saturday). Wondering if some of you will be in the area? Either for riding or if you want to see some cool cars...

Martin

·
Super Moderator
5,631 Posts
Hey Marthy.....are you staying over in the Asheville area to ride, or are you coming over closer to the Deals Gap side of the Smoky mountains. As of right now, I've got nothing going on that weekend and could possibly meet up with you if you make it over this direction. Like you said, it's a bit early to plan the details right now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wouldn't mind meeting up with you guys. Logistics for me are up in the air, but the desire is there. We could watch Round 16 MotoGP somewhere that Sunday too.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The event start and finish just on the North side of Ashville, NC. (Click on the link for details) I plan on riding toward the Gap and doing the usual Dragon and Cherohala... Like Friday-Saturday then heading back home either Saturday evening or Sunday early morning. Would be nice to meet some of you while I'm up there. I have no plan set in stone so I'm open to any suggestion. As long as there's riding, eating and some brew involve I'm all in! LOL

Hey Marthy.....are you staying over in the Asheville area to ride, or are you coming over closer to the Deals Gap side of the Smoky mountains. As of right now, I've got nothing going on that weekend and could possibly meet up with you if you make it over this direction. Like you said, it's a bit early to plan the details right now.

·
Super Moderator
4,092 Posts
I've got my Floribama Riders Rally in Suches, Ga the weekend of October 14-16th. Maybe there is a way to hook up.
You are more than welcome to join us in Suches. Free beer, BBQ and cheap lodging.

·
Registered
238 Posts
What car are you taking? I'm a vintage wrencher myself. Never done any kind of racing with mine though just some doughnuts and burnouts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok guys,

Heading that way this Friday early morning. Bringing the Fizzer and mountain bike.

I'll have this Friday evening and Saturday to play. The rally end on Thursday evening, ready to play again on Friday morning. I should be able to stick around Saturday but need to drive back Saturday after dinner. So I finished the ride Sunday. Leaving for the UK Monday for few days...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts