Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I dont like the way the turn signals looked, so I was contemplating on replacing them with smaller black ones from ebay. I had some tint wrap and tint spray laying around the house. I sprayed the turn signals and put the wrap on the headlight temporarily just in case I didnt like the look.
I like the way the turn signals came out, not sure though if I will be keeping the blacked headlight. Let me know what you guys think? :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
What type of wrap on the headlight? Looks good.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took off the wrap since it took out from the power of the headlights. THe wrap had probably reduced light intensity by half. I might get a lighter tint installed.

·
Registered
833 Posts
what is involved with taking the turns signals apart enough to apply paint? Did you use Nightshades?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I just read this on the helmet thread.

Meeting reasonably intelligent people on the road in South Florida is also rare.:cool:
And it seems to be true! ha ha

Seriously though, what a ridiculous thing to do, reduce your visibility to other road users. I'm all for making a bike look cooler, but not at this expense.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Like the look of the headlight tint, was it easy enough to do, may try a little lighter tint on mine..

·
Registered
55 Posts
what is involved with taking the turns signals apart enough to apply paint? Did you use Nightshades?
I just put a coat on the turn signals tonight and used Nite-Shades. All you have to do is unscrew the Phillips screws underneath each indicator and gently pull the cover off. Then just a quarter turn on the bulb and the cover comes free.

·
Registered
55 Posts
All you need to do is paint the forks black. Mad-Max comes to mind ;)
I've seen some pics on here with people vinyl wrapping their forks which I think looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
734 Posts
REMINDS ME OF THIS
Start Seeing Motorcycle
BUT TO MANY RIDERS /// NEED TO MAKE OUR SELVES MORE VISIBLE . AND TO ME BLACK IS NOT IT .
THE COMMENTS I GET ON MY NEON GREEN . YOU CAN SEE IT FOR A MILE
THATS THE POINT[/COLOR]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts