Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday a coworker found a litter of kittens in the back of an old tow truck sitting behind our dealership when he was moving it. The mother was dead so he couldn't just leave them there. He was able to find homes for all of them but one, and was going to take it to a shelter because he couldn't keep it. I let him keep it in my office for an hour or so while he went and took care of some stuff. So here I am hanging out with this kitten, and shes just chilling on my shoulder with no problems

I wasn't going to take it home with me until he came to pick it up and started on his way out with the thing and I couldn't help it. I told him I'd take it home, figured the wife would like her anyway, so why not. Problem was that I was on my bike yesterday, like I am most days. I wasn't about to put her in my backpack, so I had to come up with something. So this is what me and a couple of coworkers came up with

The box was sturdy, shes too small to jump out, and the top was halfway closed, but just open enough to where she could see and get air.

I figured if I kept it in B mode and went real slow, we'd be fine. I made sure to wrap her up real tight in the towel real tight before this kittens first motorcycle ride.

Got home without a problem about 30 minutes later, kitten still alive and well with no mess in the box. Wife loves her to death, all she did last night was hold the thing trying to come up with names.

TLDR: Rescued a kitten and took it home on the back of my motorcycle

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
good on ya sir - we have a dog was rescued about a year ago and he's amazing - i can't believe someone would abandon him on the side of a road somewhere.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good on ya sir - we have a dog was rescued about a year ago and he's amazing - i can't believe someone would abandon him on the side of a road somewhere.
It's crazy around the house now. We just rescued a puppy 2 weeks ago. Hah.

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
You sir, did a great thing. Every animal ever in my home is/was a rescue.
The dog and cat will become fast friends and keep eachother company.

·
Registered
852 Posts
You and the guys in your office are a bunch of softies! Good for you. Love these stories. I hate shelters.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
It's crazy around the house now. We just rescued a puppy 2 weeks ago. Hah.
It's a slippery slope - we fostered another dog for a brief period of time - someone shot him in the leg with a pellet gun - a local vet did the surgery for free and the shelter my wife volunteers at wanted the dog to stay at a home vs. at the kennel. Unfortunately the dog was super aggressive towards other dogs even though he really liked us - he was protective from day 1 - i had to crate him to prevent him from attacking my dog who was petrified. He slammed his body back and forth in the crate so bad i had to zip tie the joints so that it would hold together.

Super sad - unfortunately we had to take him back. it's hard to exercise reason with something like this but sometimes you have to.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Good for you, and a black cat after first ride on a motorcycles, hmmmmmm maybe call it Skidmark?

Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Automotive wheel system Photo caption

Reactions: Complecs

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
No wheelies on the way home?!!
Nice man, good job and the kitten is beautiful, I would have kept it as well.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's a slippery slope - we fostered another dog for a brief period of time - someone shot him in the leg with a pellet gun - a local vet did the surgery for free and the shelter my wife volunteers at wanted the dog to stay at a home vs. at the kennel. Unfortunately the dog was super aggressive towards other dogs even though he really liked us - he was protective from day 1 - i had to crate him to prevent him from attacking my dog who was petrified. He slammed his body back and forth in the crate so bad i had to zip tie the joints so that it would hold together.

Super sad - unfortunately we had to take him back. it's hard to exercise reason with something like this but sometimes you have to.
That's awful, we're hoping she works out. The dog seems to like her so far, although he needs to be more gentle. I didn't know if the shelter he was going to take her to was a no-kill shelter or not, and even then, shelters have so many cats whos to say it would even get adopted. The choice was clear to me

Reactions: beck
1 - 10 of 10 Posts