Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for slip on options that are not carbon, do not have logos/advertisements built in and are about stock length. Basically, not out past the swing arm and are black, titanium, stainless (my order of preference). Did a decent amount of searches on here but not coming across exactly what I'm looking for.

Maybe an M4 or an Arrow without the logo and that are just not carbon.

Those are my preferences and I thought I'd make the Subject Title generic because others have other preferences. Besides that, let it be a free for all collection of Slip-On Options :)

Thanks

·
Registered
337 Posts
Try contacting Marthy here on the forums, his are the only pipes I have seen that do not come with label plates or stickers. Every other manufacturer wants you to advertise for them and in many cases the logos are riveted on, not too hard to drill them out and put two blank rivets in if it bothers you.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Yeah other than marthy, the m4 is the only slip on I know of. I just don't like the idea of cutting the stock exhaust. I want to be able to put it back on for warranty work if need be.

·
Registered
201 Posts
comp werkes makes nice stuff. i had a one on my speed triple...thing was loud as hell

·
Registered
380 Posts
Sweet!

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I had the Comp Werkes on my 2011 S3, for a while, and regardless of tune, it ran like poo. There was no way to make up for the loss of low/mid range. Most guys who had it, accepted the loss of performance, for looks/weight reduction/sound. Comp Werkes makes basically a straight through can, I'm not sure there is really any performance R&D that goes into them. They are basically exactly the same for every bike, except for the angle of the inlet to accommodate the specific bike. I don't think I've ever seen them make a claim about performance of their pipes...

They look pretty, they have amazing welds, but meh... It's got the tuning of a coffee can, and it's loud as hell.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I had the Comp Werkes on my 2011 S3, for a while, and regardless of tune, it ran like poo. There was no way to make up for the loss of low/mid range. Most guys who had it, accepted the loss of performance, for looks/weight reduction/sound. Comp Werkes makes basically a straight through can, I'm not sure there is really any performance R&D that goes into them. They are basically exactly the same for every bike, except for the angle of the inlet to accommodate the specific bike. I don't think I've ever seen them make a claim about performance of their pipes...

They look pretty, they have amazing welds, but meh... It's got the tuning of a coffee can, and it's loud as hell.
So far, the only exhausts I've seen that look like they have any engineering are the two Akro systems.

·
Registered
833 Posts
So far, the only exhausts I've seen that look like they have any engineering are the two Akro systems.
Have you seen the dyno #s of the guys with the Yosh/Bazazz combo? Highest i've seen so far. I think Yosh did their homework, and there isn't a big gap between the header and motor.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Do these slip ons come with the straight pipe to make up distance from header past stock cat?... Im a weldor, i don't mind fitting it, was just curious if i need to acquire more pipe or not... And im guessing it's schedule 20, 1.5-2" dia. ?

Any info would be appreciated from folks who have ordered one.

Thanks
Kaiser

·
Registered
555 Posts
Do these slip ons come with the straight pipe to make up distance from header past stock cat?... Im a weldor, i don't mind fitting it, was just curious if i need to acquire more pipe or not... And im guessing it's schedule 20, 1.5-2" dia. ?

Any info would be appreciated from folks who have ordered one.

Thanks
Kaiser
Yes, the M4 comes witha midpipe. Simply cut off old stock gear, grind weld flush, slip on new pipe and muffler. Not sure about the Werkes one.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
That's another good option. All you need to do is cut your headers and slip that on. There's 2 little sprung tabs to weld on the headers... piece of cake for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts