Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all... I'm going crazy with this new bike on goodies. What are some decent slip on options and what am I looking at price-wise?

Also, what's with the howling in 6th gear? Do I have an issue? I only have about 50 miles on her but just curious..

·
Registered
186 Posts
Since no owners answered, consensus on the forum is the whine of straight cut gears, as in this engine, as opposed to helical cut gears which are quieter but a wee bit less efficient and probably more costly to mfg. but just my opinion. They seem to all do it in other words.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome... Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yeah mine whines in 6th. Seems they all do.

Slip ons.....not many. M4 is around 350ish. Marthy's option seems the way to go, essentially a slip on but you get a fuel controller also. Full systems seem to be plentiful for the bike but due to the nature of the stock exhaust system being all a one piece welded assembly, not many companies have opted for the slip on route.

·
Registered
337 Posts
GPR also makes a slip on but I would hold off from ordering, I paid for one back on March 7th and never received it. Multiple emails back and forth and currently have a Paypal claim against them, terrible communication and experience with them.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Straight-cut gears are also stronger.....

Since no owners answered, consensus on the forum is the whine of straight cut gears, as in this engine, as opposed to helical cut gears which are quieter but a wee bit less efficient and probably more costly to mfg. but just my opinion. They seem to all do it in other words.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts