Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Slimey Crud Run: You MIssed A Good One

Anybody going? (It's this Sunday.)

Edit: Went over this morning with a couple of neighbors, weather was great and the turnout was amazing. Didn't see an FZ-09 there but damn near every other model of bike was there. If you live near southeast Wisconsin you owe it to yourself to go to the Slimey Crud Run at least once. It's held twice every year, the first Sunday in May and the first Sunday in October.

Slimey Crud Run | The Official Unofficial website of the Slimey Crud Run

·
Registered
671 Posts
I was there. But I rode my FJR and not the FZ. I've got pictures and videos I can post later. But here's a tease ... not my picture though ...

·
Registered
181 Posts

Edit: Went over this morning with a couple of neighbors, weather was great and the turnout was amazing. Didn't see an FZ-09 there but damn near every other model of bike was there. If you live near southeast Wisconsin you owe it to yourself to go to the Slimey Crud Run at least once. It's held twice every year, the first Sunday in May and the first Sunday in October.

Looks like a fun time, just a bit too far from home to make it an "out and back" type ride. Wish something like this started/ended more in the Milwaukee area (and wasn't pretty much a "Pirate Fest".

JW

·
Registered
671 Posts
Looks like a fun time, just a bit too far from home to make it an "out and back" type ride. Wish something like this started/ended more in the Milwaukee area (and wasn't pretty much a "Pirate Fest".

JW

My group is just for people like yourself. Free to join. No dues. No attitudes. No stinkin' patches. Just good times and good rides.

Lake Geneva Sport Tourers (Lake Geneva, WI) - Meetup

·
Registered
315 Posts
I went to the Crud ride last October, then on to Leland. Always a good time, if / when, the weather is good.

Been going to that outing for 20+ years, always a great selection of bikes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I took my FZ-09 to the crud run. Was the only 09 there. Parked kind of near the huge trailer in Pine bluff and then over by the trap shooting area in Leland. Surprised no one from here seen it. It was getting a lot of attention tho.

I've made it a routine now to take the group I am riding with on the Merrimac ferry after every SCR. There is always tons of bikes going across it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Everything I've heard, it is NOT a "pirate fest".... far from that, in fact!

JW

·
Registered
181 Posts
Understood. I was talking about the rides closer to Racine. It's a pirate centric area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts

Would have loved to but it's opening weekend of Duck season. One winds down and another starts up!

JW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
734 Posts
To far away for me in the cold .temp in the 40s here
but getting a bike trailer , have relies in the dells , hum next time

·
Registered
671 Posts
I led a group of 8 bikes on my FJR. Got to meet and chat with Peter Egan. He brought the Norton Commando he just finished restoring. See the latest Cycle World for a complete write up. A great guy to talk to.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I went yesterday, rode over from La Crosse. there were 3 Rapid Red, and 2 Graphite FZ09's there in Pine Bluff.
37 degrees at the start of my ride, 52F on the way home from Leland. 275 miles round trip.

Only one FZ09 had a Florida Lis. plate.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts