Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got screwed up shoulders and after about 3-5 days of continuous riding my left shoulder starts to ache would.I still have the stock seat so until I can get it lowered to level out my arms would risers on the handle bars help ?

·
Registered
539 Posts
That honestly sounds a little bit more of an individual problem instead of a bike problem. You really couldn't get any more upright; but if you could it would be from rising the handlebars more. Are you somehow putting a large amount of weight on your arms as you ride?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think part of the problem is the seat I keep sliding down so some times I try to keep my butt up against the seat cowl and don't know I'm pushing against the bars.Really need to level out the seat and maybe this will go away.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
That honestly sounds a little bit more of an individual problem instead of a bike problem. You really couldn't get any more upright; but if you could it would be from rising the handlebars more. Are you somehow putting a large amount of weight on your arms as you ride?
Definitely a personal problem. I was told when I was a teenager to switch off from time to time and Not to use the same hand/arm all the time -- I guess it affects your shoulder over time :D

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
There is not going to be a better solution than getting the front part of the seat raised or to get the back part of the rider's area of the seat lowered. Since the seat in that area (the back part of the rider's area) is so thin, the best option is to get the seat reworked and the front part of the seat raised so that the rider's area is flat...basically.

Reactions: rtsb

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
There is not going to be a better solution than getting the front part of the seat raised or to get the back part of the rider's area of the seat lowered. Since the seat in that area (the back part of the rider's area) is so thin, the best option is to get the seat reworked and the front part of the seat raised so that the rider's area is flat...basically.

WTF. My seat doesn't look anything like that........!!!!!:mad:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Some tank grip pads may help as well. It makes it much easier to hold your position under braking with your legs - which then lets you relax the arms much more.

You can get them from Stoltec 14+ FZ-09 Tech Specs Gripster Tank Pads | StoltecMoto or Revzilla TechSpec C3 Tank Pads - RevZilla
+1 With the grippy tank pads your body's core strength keeps you off the tank, not your arms. It's surprising how lightly you hold the bars when your arms/shoulders aren't supporting your body.

Reactions: rtsb

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Personally I'll go with a seat redone then the tank pads I think they look ugly.I know they serve a purpose but I think by the comments I'm given here the seat is the best way.Thank you for commenting though it's appreciated :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
This may be a dumb question but I doubt it; WHY ARE THESE TANK PADS SO F-in EXPENSIVE......???:mad:
Profit. Lots of it. You can buy tech spec in sheets and cut them yourself to save money, it is not difficult. But you will have to be pretty 'crafty' to make it look as nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts