Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody here anything about when skully is going to release hud helmet. The thing is freaking awesome pricey but looks like it will be well worth it rear camera, gps, take calls and play tunes.

Reactions: Lee Drew

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wait how much is it? I applied for the beta but never saw a price.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yeah. 700 is steep too honestly. I was hoping around 500

·
Registered
127 Posts
Really 1k doesn't sound to bad if it's a quality lid. Many helmets are 500-700 without any of this tech.. Cameras are 100-300 And Google glass sells for 1500 alone.. (I realize it's not Google glass is just the most comparable tech... and extremely overpriced).
I would consider it up to about 1k...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep saw around 1k but when u add the features and what you would pay to upgrade bike to accommodate them indiviually plus a lid pretty much the same price and since i want a new lid any way y not as long as lid is quality. Was looking at reevu rearview lid and stumbled on Skully. Reevu list around 500 not a camera but bends image thru back of lid to a visor up front. 1k worth imo it if it keeps me from getting smacked from behind.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Eyes in the back of my head, i guess nobody has heard of release date i will keep searching maybe contact skully next week after holiday.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't recall if it was for the beta or full release but they said later this year. Sep ish

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok thanks guess i have plenty of time to save money.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
No thanks. I don't want to answer the phone or listen to any music, besides that three cylinder tune coming from the Arrow speaker. I have mirrors and if I need GPS I have my phone, but I rarely use GPS. I guess I'm a anti technology troglodyte.

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
i love tech stuff but i hear you - i thought for some reason this would be projected onto the visor vs. a google glass type display. it seems way to distracting - the only thing i would like to use it for is GPS.

Currently i have a tank bag with a clear pocket on the top for a map. I put my phone in that when i run GPS on it and looking down to see the next turn is not the best. If i didnt have to look down it would be great but having a HUD in my field of view at all times would be even more distracting i think.

It's funny how often i dont know how fast i'm going or what RPM i'm at - i'm more focused on riding and my surroundings which tend to regulate that kind of stuff anyway...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Wait how much is it? I applied for the beta but never saw a price.

Preorders available today, starts at $1,300 and goes up depending on helmet. To much IMO, wouldn't pay that especially for the first release.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
yeah can't imagine it being bug free which would really irritate me given the price point.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Preorders available today, starts at $1,300 and goes up depending on helmet. To much IMO, wouldn't pay that especially for the first release.
Ill grab one in 2 years when they start selling for $600.00...:)

Reactions: Evil Mechanic

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yup. 650 was my limit. 1300 is way to much

·
Registered
336 Posts
The sizing is what I'm curious about. The website says it's sized like the Shoei RF-1200, but I wonder if it has corresponding shell sizes so the outer shell changes with each size preventing the dreaded "Great Gazoo" effect. $1300-$2500 is too steep especially when I'm going to be needed a suspension overhaul down the road.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Yup. 650 was my limit. 1300 is way to much
You think $1300 is too much for a helmet with a head up display? Really?
People pay $500 for a bike to bike comm system, for glorified Bluetooth.
This is a helmet ($650) with a built in fighter pilot/ buck rogers HUD($650) seems entirely reasonable to me. I don't have a spare $1300, but I think that the pricing is pretty good to be honest.
I do t listen to music when I ride (heavy metal makes me ride too fast) and I love not being to answer the phone on the bike. But having easy access to maps and speed and speed camera locations and whatever else it does in the future? ****ing cool.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts