Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Test
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on the slim and tall side and find gear to wear? I am 6’3” and weigh 175-180. I usually buy XL so the sleeves fit but then swim in the shirt/jacket. Google has not helped.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm a little shorter at 6'1" but I like the offerings from speed and strength lately. I have their exile leather jacket and another textile style and they fit perfect on me at size large.

I actually have an extra exile jacket I need to sell, bought it for someone who isnt around anymore.

·
Registered
Test
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any time I am clothes shopping and I find LT (large tall) I buy it. That is really what I need, but don’t see in motorcycle apparel.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Anyone on the slim and tall side and find gear to wear? I am 6’3” and weigh 175-180. I usually buy XL so the sleeves fit but then swim in the shirt/jacket. Google has not helped.
Italian brands tend to fit tall and slim - alpinestars/dianese- but with all gear find a dealer and try before you buy.

·
Registered
216 Posts
6'2" 185lbs here. I know the struggle.
Either you get a larger jacket to cover your torso, then get beaten to death in the wind with it flapping... Or you get one that fits your build, but is short in the torso.

I have since moved to dainese gear that fits OK enough.
I ride in the summer with Drake Air pants, and zip them up to the air flux D1 jacket.
Works well for me, though I wish the jacket was a little longer in the torso, but whatcha gonna do.

Quick note though: Dainese have their own dumb zipper, so you will need their jacket to zip to the pants. That, or sew on your own YKK.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm 6'3" and 185 am a fan of Rev'it's stuff. I'm usually large everything but medium t-shirts. 33x34 pantaloons. I have some of the older Cayenne pro pants in a comically large XXL because they were like 75% off. I've crashed (maybe 30mph) them once and they held up and protected well. Last year I got a large Rev'It wind jacket which I really like, other than needing a back protector added. It's got really good flow and the lighter color is nice out in the sun. Sleeves come to my wrists. If you want it below your belt line, it's probably too short. I have a kind of long torso though....I think.

Also, I have Saint's model 2 and unbreakable slim jeans. The latter are an improvement but they are slightly short in the riding position and the pads turn in a bit too much, but overall pretty good, comfy, wearable all day jeans. They're both fairly warm in the sun/heat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts