Yeah...nutz! :laughing4:

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I'm always afraid of damaging my bike with jumps like that.:cool:

·
Banned
739 Posts
Ever since I first saw the Olympics as a kid I've wondered what it'd be like to take a bike down that ramp. Good to see someone finally lived my fantasy.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The new "On Any Sunday" movie does an excellent feature on Robbie and this jump. I don't know how his marbles fit in those pants, it is awesome to watch him push the envelope every time though!

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
The new "On Any Sunday" movie does an excellent feature on Robbie and this jump. I don't know how his marbles fit in those pants, it is awesome to watch him push the envelope every time though!
Those pants must be bigger than you think because his marbles are A Lot bigger than most of ours, lol

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Yeah Doug I noticed the change from pavement tires to knobbies too. And in the outtakes they show an oops in the bobsled track.

Looks like the jump is surfaced with something like long artificial grass for ski jumpers to slide on in warm weather, seems like it would be slick as snot on a bike lol.

Would be fun to see him also do the jump in neutral, just gravity like the skiers. Of course the skiers have better aerodynamics for long jumps.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I would have opted for trials tires, but I wouldn't have the stones to do that jump either. I jumped 200 feet, lap after lap, at Gatorback and never really got used to it even though it was smooth on takeoff and landing.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The jump is crazy cool! You could land it short and be fine but you wouldn't want to over shoot the landing. Those big nuts would be shot out of his head like a muzzle loader!

·
Registered
92 Posts
My company supplied the green carpet for lower half of the jump. Park City made Scullcandy cover the jump so the bike would not hurt the jump. Lets just say that was the largest order for green carpet we ever had. lol

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My company supplied the green carpet for lower half of the jump. Park City made Scullcandy cover the jump so the bike would not hurt the jump. Lets just say that was the largest order for green carpet we ever had. lol
Nice! I have friends in Park City! They own a coffee shop across from Town Lift.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Good video, but they never seem to show how many times guys crash when they are learning to ride like this.

One that always makes me laugh is this one, Motorcycle vs. Car Drift Battle, especially the part at the 3:50 mark.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts