Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

Happy Independence Day! 馃嚭馃嚥

My name's Joe. Been riding from some time and finally got into an fz-09! I was a mechanic by trade and now in computer sales. I work on all my own stuff and others too. Always down to help where I can so feel free to reach out. Current set up is a bunch of cosmetic stuff, led headlight, bagster seat (thanks MTsRUs for the review I love this seat!) full arrow and soon to have full nitron suspension. Of course I love bikes I'm also an avid shooter, mtn biker, snowboarder and paintball player. If any of yall are around the greater Philly area hit me up if you want to ride or need something done on your bike!

Attachments

Registered
i'll give you fiddy for that shock

just kidding. welcome.

seriously fiddy for that shock just letting you know

Reactions: Pa_Fz

Registered
Those blurple wheels never get old. What year is that thing? Looks like new old stock it's so clean!

Premium Member
2015 FZ-09
Hey all!

Happy Independence Day! 馃嚭馃嚥

My name's Joe. Been riding from some time and finally got into an fz-09! I was a mechanic by trade and now in computer sales. I work on all my own stuff and others too. Always down to help where I can so feel free to reach out. Current set up is a bunch of cosmetic stuff, led headlight, bagster seat (thanks MTsRUs for the review I love this seat!) full arrow and soon to have full nitron suspension. Of course I love bikes I'm also an avid shooter, mtn biker, snowboarder and paintball player. If any of yall are around the greater Philly area hit me up if you want to ride or need something done on your bike!
Where did you get the seat from???

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Motorstorm.it they're a dealer for bagster in Italy that ships to the USA. I think it was about $320 and shipped free. It did take about 8 weeks to arrive.

Registered
Dammit Joe... Dammit.

That Arrow. Looks. So. Good.

Got the same liquid graphite 2014. I've been giving myself pats on the back for practicing such great deals of tremendous restraint in NOT ordering the same system you've got on your FZ. Now that I see a pic of it "in the flesh" I'm kicking myself for the restraint. Already know it sounds delicious. Arrows always do.

Even though I can scoop one at basically dealer cost, I'm just a cheap bastard. But, just a few days ago I got a random, unexpected, inexplicable, sizeable deposit from the IRS (no it ain't stimulus).

Perhaps it's time...

You're a bad influence Joe.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dammit Joe... Dammit.

That Arrow. Looks. So. Good.

Got the same liquid graphite 2014. I've been giving myself pats on the back for practicing such great deals of tremendous restraint in NOT ordering the same system you've got on your FZ. Now that I see a pic of it "in the flesh" I'm kicking myself for the restraint. Already know it sounds delicious. Arrows always do.

Even though I can scoop one at basically dealer cost, I'm just a cheap bastard. But, just a few days ago I got a random, unexpected, inexplicable, sizeable deposit from the IRS (no it ain't stimulus).

Perhaps it's time...

You're a bad influence Joe.
LOL not the first time I've been called a bad influence馃槄. Sounds like now is the time Washed!! I was a little hesitant too since it's not a cheap system. But it is imo worth every penny. Got it from David @ vcyclenut he's a great guy I highly recommend his services. With the baffel in it sounds like a more aggressive closer to stock. With the baffel out its LOUD and to call it intoxicating is an understatement. Still waiting to send David my computer for the tune cause the weather right now is just too good to miss out. Also I am quite surprised to find out how much the throttle seemed to smooth out and also pick up what I think is noticeable power even without the tune.

Attachments

Registered
LOL not the first time I've been called a bad influence馃槄. Sounds like now is the time Washed!! I was a little hesitant too since it's not a cheap system. But it is imo worth every penny. Got it from David @ vcyclenut he's a great guy I highly recommend his services. With the baffel in it sounds like a more aggressive closer to stock. With the baffel out its LOUD and to call it intoxicating is an understatement. Still waiting to send David my computer for the tune cause the weather right now is just too good to miss out. Also I am quite surprised to find out how much the throttle seemed to smooth out and also pick up what I think is noticeable power even without the tune.
I sent my ECU to vcyclenut for a flash also. He gets the unit on its way back to you remarkably quick, within like 24hrs I believe it was. Time it for a period when you'll have limited time to ride, pony up for quick to and fro shipping, and you won't even miss it. But you'll sure be happy when you go for that first post-flash ride. Totally transforms the throttle response from that snatchy OE fueling to an almost perfectly-carbureted, crisp yet predictable feel. Definitely other benefits of having it flashed, but for me that was the biggy and worth every penny.

I'd went with the slightly more expensive Woolich over FlashTune only to keep the door open to other down-the-line modifications without having to turn around and end up buying a Woolich license later. May or may not take advantage of the capabilities Woolich has available, but at least I won't have to buy two separate flashes.

Was very pleased with my dealings with Vcycle. Also, Nick @ Stoltec is a GREAT guy to deal with.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Damn washed you sold me. My last bike was an 08 kawasaki zzr600 the same bike as the 99-02 I belive zx6r had Ivan's jet kit and full exhaust. After tuning that and syncing the carbs it was gnarly. For a 600 it swung well above its weight but the throttle response was the best part. It's actually what I miss most about my old bike and carbs in general. But if your saying it's like carb level responsive I'm going to get this done asap

Registered
May or may not take advantage of the capabilities Woolich has available
Highly highly recommend it... I've never been more satisfied with a motorcycle in my career of riding. Definitely get the race tools package.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Highly highly recommend it... I've never been more satisfied with a motorcycle in my career of riding. Definitely get the race tools package.
Thanks Brent! I did go with the Woolwich. I plan of getting the software at some point as well to teach myself. Been tuning cars and bikes for a bit but never played with their software

1 - 18 of 18 Posts