Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
I been healing for over 2 years now after hitting a deer. I feel your pain, both physical and mental, but your alive and can tell the story to others and hopefully pass on some good advise about ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GEAR. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. I also went into your post and edited all of the "F" words out of it. My first thought was to just delete the post, but I didn't, as you had a story to tell/share. I don't enjoy having to edit someone's post, especially when I have to go through the entire thing looking for the F-bomb stuff. Heal up quickly and watch your postings with objectionable words in it.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. You need to see a (your) Doctor ASAP and undoubtedly those legs of yours need an MRI Film asap -- hopefully today so you'll have results Monday. The MRI will detail the soft tissue (tendons and ligaments that don't show on an X Ray) damage in your legs so the Dr knows what's what and how to proceed. Postponing this would be a major mistake. Tearing tendons and/or ligaments) is just as serious if not more than breaking a bone IMO.

Forget the FZ -- it's all about repairing you properly w/o taking any shortcuts. The bike can be replaced....parts of you are another story.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Not good.
Get well.
Sharing's good.
Thank you!!!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Reactions: Steve101

·
Banned
739 Posts
This sucks. I HATE it when a car in front of me decides they're gong to be so damn nice and let someone coming the other direction turn left or coming out of a driveway. Forget about anyone behind you that has to slam on their brakes. You're doing your good deed for the day, God loves you. A**hole.

Unfortunately if you hit a person in front of you, if I understand this correctly you're at fault for failure to control your vehicle. Sorry, hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
with every one one of these posts i cringe at what my insurance premium is going to be when i renew it.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Well good thing the bike is totalled.

This place is ran by assholes
don't know the whole story as alot of edits and F-bombs must have taken place but heal up soon. As Steve suggested, get a MRI when you can.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
don't know the whole story as alot of edits and F-bombs must have taken place but heal up soon. As Steve suggested, get a MRI as Soon as you can.
Fixed that for you. Hope you don't mind.

PS I stress the importance of getting the MRI asap (or sooner) because damaged tendons must be reattached within a few weeks or they become like "applesauce" and cannot be reattached.:(

Then you're really screwed. :( :(

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. I also went into your post and edited all of the "F" words out of it. My first thought was to just delete the post, but I didn't, as you had a story to tell/share. I don't enjoy having to edit someone's post, especially when I have to go through the entire thing looking for the F-bomb stuff. Heal up quickly and watch your postings with objectionable words in it.
we're adults. you cant go and edit or censor people in real life. why do it here?

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
we're adults. you cant go and edit or censor people in real life. why do it here?
Of course he can. This is a Stand Alone Forum and the Admin can choose to edit/delete any post they deem inappropriate. It's their responsibility to keep the tone here on a chosen level which will enhance viewership and also advertising.

This happens to be "real life" ON The FZ09.org Forum, which may in fact be different than your "real life" off the forum -- as members, yet essentially guests, we need to remember who's in charge and who's not.:cool:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Of course he can. This is a Stand Alone Forum and the Admin can choose to edit/delete any post they deem inappropriate. It's there responsibility to keep the tone here on a chosen level which will enhance viewership and also advertising.

This happens to be "real life" ON The FZ09.org Forum, which may in fact be different than your "real life" off the forum -- as members, yet essentially guests, we need to remember who's in charge and who's not.
Respect my authoritay!

·
Registered
885 Posts
damn, i missed all the fun by 10 minutes. that's almost worse than totalling a bike...
At least he didn't use the F-word this time.

Seriously, though, the guy is hurting. I truly hope he makes a full medical recovery, and to the extent possible, financial recovery as well.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts