Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace the grey on my MT with black. Research shows everything is available in either black or carbon. What seems hardest to find for a reasonable price are the side seat cowl. They are on EBay in carbon in the range of 110 to 140, but man I think that’s a bit expensive when you could get the under the seat plastic for about 100. RevZilla has a stock parts body section but all they seem to have is grey under all the sub models. Anyone know what year or sub model has them in black??
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
252 Posts
Mine is a '19 and came with all those pieces flat or matte black. My son's MT was a '20, his looked like yours. So look up parts for a '19, or if you want I could PM you my vin to insure you're ordering black parts.

I prefer the look of gloss black so I painted all of those pieces, along with the headlight surround, scoops and rear fender. Instead of replacing all those pieces you could pull them all off and give them to an auto body shop to paint. This is what your blue bike would look like with the gloss black pieces...

btw try this place for oem parts. I've bought from them for years, they're almost always the cheapest around...
oem yamaha parts

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive parking light

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the info!! I’m actually going to try and wrap the side seat cowls, ordered the materials today. The front fender I’m definitely going to purchase new, just not sure on the finish type yet. Might try the Carbon look. Your bike looks great! Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts