Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys show us your man caves so where do you keep your gorgeous new Fz09 beasts the garage, basement, living room, where do you hide when your in the dog house lol.. i will get it started.. my man cave..

Attachments

·
Registered
663 Posts
Man, I can't compete with that. In light of people thinking that it's unwise to show off your toys, I have drawn this picture of me heading in to the man cave. This "artist" rendition in no way is meant to represent what cool stuff may be hidden within.

Cheers!

man cave.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Ohh, when I saw the title of this thread I thought......Holy Sh!t, we can't post NSW pictures in here of our "man Caves", even if she doesn't mind..........then I realized what the O.P. meant! Whew!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Dont have one yet we lost our house in a fire last year were in the new house now , but just starting on the basement
but I do have my auto shop , hey the stage 3 spec ll ,1977 rd400 is in the basement I restored it 2 years ago

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Dont have one yet we lost our house in a fire last year were in the new house now , but just starting on the basement
but I do have my auto shop , hey the stage 3 spec ll ,1977 rd400 is in the basement I restored it 2 years ago
I had a 1978, RD400, $999 special sale price, brand new. That's right, I am that old, and I have ridden that long. I thought I was King Kenny with TZ pipes, solo seat, Clubman bars, premix gas, and Uni filters. I am lucky that I did not kill myself on that bike. The center stand tabs lifted the back tire off the ground at max lean until I cut them off.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Willow, is that one of those space age Vetter Fairings? That was the setup. Here is my first fairing bike:

My first motorcycle new in 1970 (Honda SL70):

I have pictures of many more on my website, as well as ADV tours that I have taken.
www.douglasmholt.com

·
Registered
663 Posts
Vetter

Yes, that was a Vetter "QuickSilver" on my 360. It was high tech for 1976. A couple years later I stepped up to my CB750 with a full Vetter "Windjammer" fairing. I added a cassette deck to that. I was stylin' in the early 80s.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I had a 1978, RD400, $999 special sale price, brand new. That's right, I am that old, and I have ridden that long. I thought I was King Kenny with TZ pipes, solo seat, Clubman bars, premix gas, and Uni filters. I am lucky that I did not kill myself on that bike. The center stand tabs lifted the back tire off the ground at max lean until I cut them off.
Dude you ain't old. I bought a 73 RD 350 brand new and took it to Don Vesco and then went and kicked ass AFM road racing. On mine it was the footpeg brackets that run underneath the motor that ground out and sent you into the ditch.

What was this topic about anyway? Oh yea..."man caves". My whole house is a man cave.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Dude you ain't old. I bought a 73 RD 350 brand new and took it to Don Vesco and then went and kicked ass AFM road racing. On mine it was the footpeg brackets that run underneath the motor that ground out and sent you into the ditch.

What was this topic about anyway? Oh yea..."man caves". My whole house is a man cave.
Impressive sir. My first road bike was a purple R5 Yamaha 350. My teeth still chatter thinking about that ill handling rattle trap. It was the tabs welded onto the footpeg brackets that I remember sending the bike sliding. I remember manhandling the bars to keep the front from tucking. Good times.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts