Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Definitely! As long as we keep the culture smart and wise, and not take on Range Rovers... :p

I suggest Cincinnati as a place to meet up. It's a decent central city, and is only about an hour south of me :p Besides, I'm clearly thinking of dangerousdan and keeping his commute minimal...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
An annual rally would be pretty cool I think. Moving it around to different locations of the country would certainly have it's pluses and minuses. On the up side, keeping it in one location would almost be like an "old familiar friend" type meeting and you could plan on certain roads, hotels, camping spots, restaurants, etc. Moving it around would allow for folks that cannot make it to.......let's say a Smokey Mountain rally because they live in Colorado or the West coast, but they could participate in one that was closer. I'm a member of the ST1300 forum and they put on several big rallys each year. Many of them are in the same location year after year and basically, you pick which one or ones that you want to attend, based on vacation time, distance travelled, ect. There is nothing wrong, in my opinion, of having more than one rally, because let's face it, the USA is big enough that you will never plan a rally that is centrally located enough for everyone that wants to attend to be able to attend.

Reactions: NickJ and cjhorton

·
Registered
23 Posts
An annual rally would be pretty cool I think. Moving it around to different locations of the country would certainly have it's pluses and minuses. On the up side, keeping it in one location would almost be like an "old familiar friend" type meeting and you could plan on certain roads, hotels, camping spots, restaurants, etc. Moving it around would allow for folks that cannot make it to.......let's say a Smokey Mountain rally because they live in Colorado or the West coast, but they could participate in one that was closer. I'm a member of the ST1300 forum and they put on several big rallys each year. Many of them are in the same location year after year and basically, you pick which one or ones that you want to attend, based on vacation time, distance travelled, ect. There is nothing wrong, in my opinion, of having more than one rally, because let's face it, the USA is big enough that you will never plan a rally that is centrally located enough for everyone that wants to attend to be able to attend.
+1

Regional works well.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have always supported local meetups within a few hours. With the times that we are in right now, it is hard for people to take off work and travel too far.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Also would be nice to group up on trailers for longer distance meetups.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
i would be in on a west coast meet up. or a travel to deals gap. deals gap was awesome in my r32 and Im sure it will be awesome on this bike.
Bring it on guys.........I would be happy to lead a group of you Hooligans around the roads over here E. TN, N.C., and N. GA. If this happens in 2014, I will try and make sure that it's on a weekend that I DON'T have a commitment for Track days/Instructing.

Reactions: KoolAid and eolith

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bring it on guys.........I would be happy to lead a group of you Hooligans around the roads over here E. TN, N.C., and N. GA. If this happens in 2014, I will try and make sure that it's on a weekend that I DON'T have a commitment for Track days/Instructing.
N GA is always fun. Runs up and down Blood Mountain, yea....

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
If you've never been to the Gap, you are in for a real treat, especially if we ride it during the middle of the week when the...uhh, nice offices are less prone to being there.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts