Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoop Whoop! This is my first thread :)
Here is a vid my wife Lady L narrated for me on my 09...Donkey. Don't think I'll do much more as all my attention can now be focused on my track bike. But if the inevitable mod(s) happen I'll post it here.

Thank you all on this forum for the tons of knowledge I picked up from many of you. Without further ado...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Welcome aboard Sho and Lady L !!!! You guys got me interested in the FZ-09 - actually, it was Lady L's Laugh that made buy the bike. LOL
Now I sold my R1 Raven and I have a DonnKayy myself like Fo Sho. LOL

Jon Horsman

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Well done, Sho-nice mods. I envy you, my wife not only doesn't ride, she won't even ride pillion with me. She has ZERO interest in bikes which makes all the crap I buy for it harder to justify...lol

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Welcome aboard Sho and Lady L !!!! You guys got me interested in the FZ-09 - actually, it was Lady L's Laugh that made buy the bike. LOL
Now I sold my R1 Raven and I have a DonnKayy myself like Fo Sho. LOL

Jon Horsman
I watched that video as well and Lady L's laugh while riding made me want to test one out!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you sir. Really?...her laugh. Yeah her laugh is so genuine it is music to my ears. I'll be sure to have her read these comments...it'll make her day ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well done, Sho-nice mods. I envy you, my wife not only doesn't ride, she won't even ride pillion with me. She has ZERO interest in bikes which makes all the crap I buy for it harder to justify...lol
Thank you sir. Not liking pillion riding is what got my wife into bikes. Keep my fingers crossed your wife has a change of heart about riding. Truthfully it does help to justify bike crap when I need to get permission to purchase since she's just as hooked on bikes as I am :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I watched that video as well and Lady L's laugh while riding made me want to test one out!
She definitely has a blast riding. That laugh is infectious :)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I wondered why she sounded familiar... the 09 brings out the giggly kid in most of us I think! Did you lower the headlight just for looks?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I am so confused by this lol... Donkay? Wife doing a walk around? I don't understand.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hey Sho,
Do you find yourself riding the FZ-09 more than the R1???

I started to realize that I wasn't doing as much with the R1 (Juan) and I was always riding the FZ (Zed) especially around town.

100_1135_zpscd5b47d2.jpg

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wondered why she sounded familiar... the 09 brings out the giggly kid in most of us I think! Did you lower the headlight just for looks?
I kinda liked how the SuperDuke headlight was lower than the FZ...so I did it just messing around. Didn't really change the look too much. TBH, most people don't even notice. My lower it latter just to see if that changes the side view a little more.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am so confused by this lol... Donkay? Wife doing a walk around? I don't understand.
Donkey is the name of the bike. My wife's voice is sexier than mine (just barely, lol), so she does most of the narration on our YT videos. Check out our channel and it may make more sense; here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Shogun09R1

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what happened to the counter sprocket cover and chain guard?
Removed by me. I just don't like them. All 4 of our bikes have them removed. Have been removed on the older bikes for years. Makes it easier to keep everything cleaner and ease of inspection. Bonus for me, I like the way it looks without them :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts