Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
That tops my worst which was 93 until I hit reserve That's from a full to the bottom of the filler neck tank. I notice that in the 2100 miles I've put on the 09 it does much better on longer open highway runs than it does as a commuter in stop and go traffic at distances like my 22 mile round trip commute to/from work...

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
118 for me, but then again, my FZ is Red:eek:

Reactions: doozerdave

·
Registered
835 Posts
I got 63 on my first full tank of gas.

Reactions: DNFDOUG

·
Registered
511 Posts
Not sure how accurate it all is but I have gone 146 on this last tank. Down to the last segment but not flashing yet. Like Da Braddah says it was a lot of mountain roads with few stops. I think my worst was 112 before it started flashing at me. Restraint? What does that word mean?

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Reactions: Da Braddah

·
Registered
511 Posts
Didn't you know that red creates a fold in the space/time continuum? The molecules in the red paint allow it to.....aw forget it! You're too funny Steve. Sorry if I crossed the line earlier.

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
I was averaging around 32MPG during the time that I was breaking in the engine.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I think the worst I've gotten worked out to 7.4 liters/100 Kms... I average 5, so I had to work hard to get it down to 7.4 ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
great thread. I was just about to post a MPG thread. Im averaging 34mpg over the 450 miles ive put on so far. Really hoping fuel economy gets a bit better. Feels like im at the gas station twice as much as when I had my cbr500r

·
Registered
616 Posts
great thread. I was just about to post a MPG thread. Im averaging 34mpg over the 450 miles ive put on so far. Really hoping fuel economy gets a bit better. Feels like im at the gas station twice as much as when I had my cbr500r
Also note you've got twice the engine. Did you punch a hole in the filler neck yet? That allows for a little more. I do a 100 mile commute with mine, probably traveling at 75 mph (eco light's still on). It's got a Stoltec flash and M-4 slip on. I use a rear box for the commute. It's got about 7.8k on it, and I'm getting gas at 180 miles. The digital meter put me right at 50. something at every tank. When I'm not commuting, it's less, but not a lot less.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I average between 60-70 miles on a tankful due to a lot of urban commuting and being stuck in traffic. On spirited weekend rides I get closer to 130 or so out of a tank.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I generally fill up before the reserve countdown starts, so it's hard to say what the "shortest tank of gas" would be. I do calculate the gas mileage each tank though (you can't rely on the gauges for an accurate mpg figure) and the worst tank so far was 41.9mpg.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I top mine off until it pees on the ground.

My best is 152 miles. It took 3.3 gallons.

I average right at 45 mpg most of the time.

If I do multiple start ups and stops I can usually do 130 plus.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I averaged 57.3 miles all highway over the past weekend driving back and forth from Pittsburgh. Steady 55-65 mph. Best I've gotten yet! Worst tank was the first tank in it when I bought the bike. I remember it being less than 100 and I was babying it because it was less than 40 degrees out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts