Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cut mine off just past the first welded piece that holds the pipe section together and it made the pipe louder, not as loud with it completely out but added more tone to the sound....my new db killer will be here Friday so I can have the best of both worlds, just thought id pass the info along.....you can experiment taking a lil off at a time I ended with about a inch removed and made it just right for me....

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Sounds interesting...pictures please!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah I had to contact akrapovic directly and they said to go through indy to order it.....came it yesterday....was a lil over $60 shipped was told 6 week wait but arrived at my door in 3...sorry but no pics to lazy and all you will see it what was cut-off... I measured the amount I cut off and its just a lil over a inch maybe 1 1/8 ....plenty loud for me....you can experiment with it and get your desired level you want...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Gearmasher,
I just checked this out on Ebay and it says you don't ship to Alaska. Any reason why? I'm interested in buying it and I live in Alaska.
Another question: It looks like you shortened the upstream ends of the 3 pipes, is that correct?

quicksilver

1 - 6 of 6 Posts