1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
For basically the same price, I'd go with the slighty taller versions of your two options. I have the Puig Touring screen and it works. Cost around $120. If the blast goes too high for you, you can trim it down 1/4 inch at a time until you get what you want. I've cut other screens on my band saw, then smooth the sharp corners with sandpaper. If you do this, tape both inside and outside surfaces first to avoid scratching the surface. You can also draw your cut line on the tape.

A pretty good way to determine if you want the screen taller or shorter is to raise and lower you head and upper body at highway speed. If you end up cutting, just remove a little at a time between test rides, because it won't take much to make a considerable difference.

My goal was to get rid of the wind shear on my chest and the Puig Touring screen (without cutting) does that.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Shark is right to go a bit taller.

I have had both Ermax 25 and Puig Sport. Liked the Puig better as the airflow over it was more laminar (smoother) than the Ermax.

Currently am running the MRA double bubble and love it. It is several inches taller and a bit wider than the other 2 mentioned here.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Parabellum makes some for the FZ-09, here is the one, gloss black, I put on my bike.parabellum flyscreen for the yamaha fz-09 * I I just got back from a road trip put a total of 480 miles and the windscreen really cleaned up the air, minimized buffeting, but still allowed enough to cool one on a hot summer days ride.
* The Electronic Warfare rating sticker was my addition.
View attachment 16477 View attachment 16478

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Madstad fly screen..not a lot of protection but it smooths out the airflow perfectly. I'm not sure about now because I haven't been shopping for screens recently, but last year when I bought the Madstad unit, it was the only option with a rock solid mounting system. Everything else mounted only to the flimsy plastic on top of the headlight. I bought it with the intent of adding a larger touring screen to use with the quick release base but haven't had a need for one yet. It's a well designed, quality kit and their customer service is top notch. $70 for the base bracket kit and $60 for the fly screen.

The video that sold me on it:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts