Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know someone that had never been on Utah Hwy12, and I needed a break. I have really not ridden the 09 much, so figured this would be a good opportunity to bond with it.

The first day we had more rain than i have ever seen. Flash flooding, mud across the road, rocks falling, poor visibility at best. That was only for 50 miles or so (hwy 191), the other 300miles was just average drizzle. No pics except us hiding in a car wash for coffeee;

Torre 8 2014 (75).jpg

Finally cleared up at our destination in Torre Utah;

Torre 8 2014 (7).jpg Torre 8 2014 (9).jpg

Day 2 we ran Hwy 12, then Cedar breaks, and spent the night in Panguich. Not much rain, and very few cars on the roads, best of all no LEO's :)

Torre 8 2014 (31).jpg

Day 3 was run home day, so we just flipped a bitch. Hwy 12, hwy 72, Huntington Canyon, hwy 191, Wolf Creek Pass, all the best roads in central Utah. My road report to the locals was;

Road report from yesterday, 500 miles, NO construction, no rain
Hwy 12, no new asphalt, still great, very few vehicles
Hwy 72, some new asphalt, no other vehicles, good stuff
Huntington Canyon, 90% fresh asphalt, less than 6 cars, amazing
Scofield, 80% fresh asphalt, less than 6 cars, great time
Indian Canyon (191) no new asphalt, NO rain, less than 1 dozen vehicles, too much fun, and 1 very cool LEO
Wolf Creek at sunset, good road condition, dozens of deer, lotsa sheep poop, no cars.

Torre 8 2014 (59).jpg

Epic run, and I bonded nicely with the 09. I will do some suspension work now, as she got a little squirly when hitting cattle guards mid corner at triple digits ;)

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Great post! Thanks for sharing. I bet you had a Blast!

Looking forward to more great pic's -- it never happened if No pic's :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Nice ride. :) One of the benefits here is the road layout. When we have showers, there are times you can effectively drive around them due to the road's gridwork. No cool arches to run through thou... :( Looking forward to some video!

·
Registered
343 Posts
What seat do you have? Your ride distance is great if you have a stock seat. Did you pack spare fuel cans or have a chaser vehicle?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What seat do you have? Your ride distance is great if you have a stock seat. Did you pack spare fuel cans or have a chaser vehicle?
I have the Seat Concepts seat, good for a 500 mile day. No gas cans or chase vehicles, just got gas every 100-150 miles. I did a 136 mile "spirited" run and only took 2.7 gallons Had about the same range as my buddies sv1000.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have the Seat Concepts seat, good for a 500 mile day...did a 136 mile "spirited" run and only took 2.7 gallons Had about the same range as my buddies sv1000.
You are one of the fortunate who is happy with the Seat Concepts seat.
Gas mileage possibly attributed to your elevation? A mode? B mode? STD?
Epic ride, by the way!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts