Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im hesitate vs Hjc-Rpha-St and Shoei Gt-Air, Shoei cost me 525$ Cad and Hjc Rpha-St 320$ Cad, cost was not a problem but i want the best for noise and comfort, i really need your feedback!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the GT-Air on matte black and love it. Very comfortable and light weight. Has removable ear pads for easy coms installation as well.

·
Registered
654 Posts
no experience with either of the exact models you are comparing, I honestly don't think anyone else can tell you because the right helmet for you is all about how well it fits your head. for me the rf1100 is by far the best helmet ive ever owned, but if our heads arnt the same shape that means nothing to the next guy

Reactions: beck

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
no experience with either of the exact models you are comparing, I honestly don't think anyone else can tell you because the right helmet for you is all about how well it fits your head. for me the rf1100 is by far the best helmet ive ever owned, but if our heads arnt the same shape that means nothing to the next guy
This - even wind noise can be different depending on how the helmet fits your head.

Either way, if you don't already do so, wear ear plugs - even the quietest of helmets can still cause irreparable hearing loss.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Exactly. But for what it's worth, the GT Air is my Fav, fit is great and the Sun Visor can't be beat.

Second choice is RF series but no sun visor.

Re-read what River said....no truer words in this thread.

Good luck -- Stick with proven quality.:cool:

Reactions: River

·
Registered
654 Posts
Ill make the assumption that the gt air has the same or better venting than the rf1100. with that in mind there is also another compromise to be made. the rf1100 is the quietest helmet ive owned if I close all 7 air vents completely, but if I open them all completely its the loudest full face ive owned

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
The RF is noticeably lighter than the GT Air. I have no problem wearing the GT since I've got a strong head.:)

·
Registered
584 Posts
Im hesitate vs Hjc-Rpha-St and Shoei Gt-Air, Shoei cost me 525$ Cad and Hjc Rpha-St 320$ Cad, cost was not a problem but i want the best for noise and comfort, i really need your feedback!
Revzilla has the RPHA on a great price so I ordered one to try it... trying to replace a RF900... which has been a fine helmet. The RPHA feels great and has a "locking" face shield which normally makes lots of noise on most helmets. I like it so far!

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have the GT-Air. I love the integrated sun visor. it's got good airflow, but it's not as quiet as I'd like. I have to wear ear plugs with it. Comes with a pinlock visor and anti-fog insert which is a nice touch. The drop down sun visor fogs easily though

·
Registered
88 Posts
Have GT-Air. Been wearing Shoei for many years. Agree with previous posts about "we all have different head shapes and tolerance for noise". It seems about as noisy as every other Shoei I've owned. I need earplugs above approx.40mph unless behind a large, tall windshield. Shield fogs easily in chilly and or damp weather. Need the anti fog visor or airflow through open chin & rear vents to clear. The sun visor is great. Morning commutes much safer. Easily adjust visibility; improve threat detection/ reaction options. Seems to weight about same as my old RF1000.

I have no experience with HJC helmets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts