Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bushing in the top of the ZX10R shock I installed on my bike seemed to be really stiff. I thought maybe it was getting worn out being I bought the shock used, but when I checked my stock shock it was also very stiff and did not move freely. Is the bushing in the top of the rear shock supposed to be stiff? All of my linkage bushings for the rear shock move freely.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
When I put my Penske in I didn't really look at the stock shock, I see the top bushing is a different design than on the Penske. Is the ZX10R bushing about like the 09's?

The 09 bushing is a metal sleeve surrounded by about 1/8th inch of rubber then more metal. The sleeve is not meant to rotate relative to the shock, it should be able to rotate on the bolt that goes through it. If I put a rod through the sleeve and pry a bit the rubber does have give to it. I believe the purpose of the rubber is to handle whatever small misalignment there might be between the 2 shock mounts.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That makes sense. The bushing is similar to the 09 shock. I didn't know if the metal sleeve was supposed to spin freely in the rubber or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts