Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ,
I have a 2019 Mt-09 with 5600km (3500 miles).I have done a lot of upgrates but concerned about the shifting.At 5000 i change the oil with motul 7100 and after that everytime that i change gear i feel something in the middle of every gear. Upshifting and downshifting.I went to yamaha dealer and told me that everything is fine and after that while i was driving to home i felt a miss gear.I have checked clutch play,chain etc.I have quickshifter and even disable it continious bad shifting.Is it possible the oil made that bad?Also at 5000km service i removed the quickshifter for cleaning that sprocket.Am I over looking something or needs an adjustment somewhere?
Thanks .

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
Duplicate post

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello ,
I have a 2019 Mt-09 with 5600km (3500 miles).I have done a lot of upgrates but concerned about the shifting.At 5000 i change the oil with motul 7100 and after that everytime that i change gear i feel something in the middle of every gear. Upshifting and downshifting.I went to yamaha dealer and told me that everything is fine and after that while i was driving to home i felt a miss gear.I have checked clutch play,chain etc.I have quickshifter and even disable it continious bad shifting.Is it possible the oil made that bad?Also at 5000km service i removed the quickshifter for cleaning that sprocket.Am I over looking something or needs an adjustment somewhere?
Thanks .
If it were me, I would go back to Yamaha Oil and see if that fixes the problem. Engine oil does affect the clutch performance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it were me, I would go back to Yamaha Oil and see if that fixes the problem. Engine oil does affect the clutch performance.
Its true Tom.I talk with oficial Yamaha Greece and told me that motul is great oil for engine but affects the feeling of clutch.It will not cause any problem on clutch but has this strange feeling.I will let motul until 10k service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts