Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I called my dealer today and Mike from bbms said they had ordered the part for the recal and that, good news he just has to remove the clutch cover and it is a 2 hour job.

·
Banned
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1-2 hours he said I might have to leave it a day or two. I'm also ordering a pr4 rear tire with front and rear stands

·
Registered
239 Posts
1-2 hours he said I might have to leave it a day or two. I'm also ordering a pr4 rear tire with front and rear stands
PR4 has a pretty hard crown (center) compound. Great for extended tire wear but keep in mind you'll lose some grip. With that said, the PR series are good tires.

·
Registered
276 Posts
My dealer said the same thing, they just ordered the the part on Monday and said they would do it while I walk Cecil for a couple hours. I wonder if I have to wait 2 months for the part to arrive too... I would prefer to wait a bit though so the mechanic does someone else's first before doing mine.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm still waiting on a letter! And I agree Cecil, I would like a couple in line before my bike.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Confirmed same with my dealer. Early June, but part may come in sooner.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
PR4 has a pretty hard crown (center) compound. Great for extended tire wear but keep in mind you'll lose some grip. With that said, the PR series are good tires.
I gotta be honest, I've only ever lost grip when the tires are cold and I'm turning on a white line(crosswalk line) other than that I've had great grip with the PR4's I'm on my 3rd rear and 2nd front tire. I got 12k out of my last front and 7.5k out of my last rear I probably had another 500-750 miles until my rear was at the wear mark. I've ridden in completely dry, moist with oil, very wet, and with inches of water on the road and I've never lost grip so personally I think this is the best tire for this bike. Granted I am by no means an expert and I don't scrape pegs at high speeds(when I scrape pegs its at pretty low speeds due to the extreme corner tightness) but I have ridden at high speed down secondary highways that are soaked while carrying everything needed for camping touring and haven't had so much as a wobble. Hard compound in the center yes but these tires are perfect for road use.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts