Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
that isn't that bad. rotate it a bit and you'll get more life out of it. by 5k miles i'd worn down most of the top half of that piece so i replaced it. now at ~12k miles it's mostly done again. not going to lose sleep over a $2 part though.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
3 things:

1. Spin and rotate for extra miles.

2. It's the outside half that wears so pull it off and re-install it fat side out.

3. Stop wining...just kidding...Lol.:emmersed:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the tips guys, but I was looking for a more permanent solution rather than just rotating or placing something over it.

I am going to talk to my machine shop and see if they can make something like this but with a threaded part on the portion that mounts to the lever. I hope to cut off the aluminum center support that is in the rubber piece then drill and tap the lever.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I kind of like the idea of replacing it with a thick walled piece of rad, oil or hydraulic hose. A good thick piece of hose would probably just have to be installed once and never replaced again.

Reactions: Mothy

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
If you still want to machine up a part to replace the rubber sleeve, this might be an easier way to do it????

shifter.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts