Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday April 17 I dropped my 15 fz09 off at unlimited cycle in Tyrone PA. Monday morning at 10 am I got the call that it was completed. I arrived via a friend and rode the bike home 2 hours and strait to work.

The gear selecting feels more... firm, In a good way. The gears seem to change without a "thunk." Overall I'm extremely pleased with the service I received.

The technician also relocated my seat lock in accordance to my fender eliminator to make removal of the seat a breeze.

Ride on

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Finding a technician like that is rare these days. You should do something nice for him like bring in Pizza for the shop. They will never forget it, and they will always take good care of you. Trust me, I did it for the guys that rehab my cars that I broker and they always come through.

·
Super Moderator
4,340 Posts
Finding a technician like that is rare these days. You should do something nice for him like bring in Pizza for the shop. They will never forget it
I second that. I always send a pizza to the folks that do me a solid. Glad you got the recall taken care of. Now...enjoy the riding season ahead.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I second that. I always send a pizza to the folks that do me a solid. Glad you got the recall taken care of. Now...enjoy the riding season ahead.
Either that or a case of beer... oh wait they're at work aren't they?

·
Banned
486 Posts
did they drain any oil?

anyway that service you received is how it should be in my opinion. hopefully my shop treats my bike the same way. ill report back how it rides afterwards

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oil change as well. These guys really are great from the buying process to loading it in the truck. Even the female employees who answer the phones are extremely versed in the job.

*disclaimer* that's not a sexist remark, but just an observation that's out of the ordinary

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
I called my dealership to inquire about scheduling the work and got bounced by the owner to the service guy who said he would check inventory with the parts guy and call me back to talk about setting it up. A week and a half later with no call back yet. Not feeling too warm and fuzzy about these guys. A referral in my area sure would be nice.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Saw the thread and called my service tech. He just checked Yamaha's site and the part is available for order. Should be dropping it off in the next week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts