Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2018 MT09 Street
198 Posts
is rotella t6 really a dream oil? cheap and good? i just want to revive this thread to see if anyone is still using the t6 oil in thier first gen fz09s. i use mobil1 4t and i want to switch because it is expensive compared to the t6.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
There are new API specs for oil since this thread started but I haven't kept up on them. Anyone know if the Rotella diesel has changed?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Snake oil? Sorry if you've had bad experience with an AMSOIL dealer in the past, but we are all independent and as such may all conduct business a little differently. And some of us know and understand our product line a little or a lot better than others. Pretty sure I've never given anyone reason to feel that way about me. Maybe you need to do a little more research before coming to a silly conclusion about the quality of a product? It's hard to argue ASTM test methodology, especially with plenty of real world data to back it up. A lot of proof right here: Performance Tests - AMSOIL AMSOIL pioneered synthetic oil 42 years ago, and has led the way ever since.
By pioneered you mean sell relabelled Mil-spec oil a year after Motul releases the first full synthetic motor oil?

Reactions: LouG

·
Vendor
2,303 Posts
is rotella t6 really a dream oil? cheap and good? i just want to revive this thread to see if anyone is still using the t6 oil in thier first gen fz09s. i use mobil1 4t and i want to switch because it is expensive compared to the t6.
I used it in my 2014 FZ-09 for 26,000 miles. Never had an issue.
I'm using it in my 2017 XSR900 now... 7,000 miles into it with no issues.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've used Rotella t6 in all my bikes for the last idk 10 years? It used to be super cheap, but now is getting more expensive. Never had an issue and will continue to use it. Not sure about the difference between top of the line oils and shell, but my bikes run perfect and I'm saving enough money to buy more parts and gear..

·
Registered
486 Posts
The t-6 has got some outstanding reviews, verified by new as well as used oil analysis, and I think you would be hard pressed to find a better quality oil. Thats all I have used in my bikes for many years with no complaints and shifting has always been buttery smooth from the time oil was changed till the next change.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts