Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016FZ09Build.png

Hey All,

Wanted to share my bike build thus far, as I haven't on the forum before today.
I am REALLY enjoying the (mostly) black/blue look on this bike.
I think it looks pretty mean and the sound of the Ixil is amazing. (IMO)

Hope you all enjoy!
Any questions/Comments, I'm around!

Mods:
MotoDynamics Fender Eliminator
MotoDynamics integrated Signal/Brake Tail light
IXIL SX1 Exhaust - Full kit
BMC Air Filter
VCycle Nut ECU Flash
Pro Taper (Carmichael Bend) Handlebars - Black
LED Front turn signals from Tripage
Mad Hornets Frame Sliders (I liked the unique look, but yes, all this stuff is made in China)
Mad Hornets Radiator Cover/Guard
Mad Hornets Shorty Levers in Blue (Not quite the same color as the bike, but they work)
Mad Hornets short windscreen (Not in this picture, more recent mod)
Weighted Bar Ends in Blue
Removed the "FZ09" Decals from air inlets
SEALIGHT 6000K LED Headlight

·
Registered
407 Posts
Looks awesome. Hopefully none of the naysayers show up to argue it's not a build, but just adding parts. Enjoy, the forum is wealth of information, with the odd idiot thrown in for entertainment:bom:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks awesome. Hopefully none of the naysayers show up to argue it's not a build, but just adding parts. Enjoy, the forum is wealth of information, with the odd idiot thrown in for entertainment:bom:
Thanks! I've been a member for a while and I always search here for information.
I just didn't contribute much, if at all.

I didn't consider that I was using incorrect terminology by saying FZ09 "Build".
Is there a way to rename the thread? I tired to edit my post, but no luck there.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks! I've been a member for a while and I always search here for information.
I just didn't contribute much, if at all.

I didn't consider that I was using incorrect terminology by saying FZ09 "Build".
Is there a way to rename the thread? I tired to edit my post, but no luck there.
Nothing wrong with build IMO, but we have seen people argue that adding aftermarket goodies does not constitute a build per se. I think build is a perfectly adequate verb...it is a verb isn't it:)

·
Registered
128 Posts
That blue looks great! Makes me want to paint my tank... :icon_thumright:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The first thing I noticed on your build was how good the Ixil looks. It cleans up the rear nicely. I did the same on mine and eveyone wants to know where the exhaust went. Good job!
HA! and I thought mine was unique, Yours is even more tidy than mine.
Is that an Ixil as well? Love it!

·
Registered
697 Posts
The first thing I noticed on your build was how good the Ixil looks. It cleans up the rear nicely. I did the same on mine and eveyone wants to know where the exhaust went. Good job!
Why does your bike have what looks like an external oil line ?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Why does your bike have what looks like an external oil line ?
If i am not mistaken i spot a turbo charger tucked away at the front. Turbo feed line?

·
Registered
1 Posts
What do you think of that SEALIGHT 6000K LED Headlight? You're the only person I've seen on the forum who has one. I bought one off of Amazon for $40, but I haven't installed it yet. Is it a big improvement over stock? Do you have to cut the rubber boot or do any other modifications to install it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What do you think of that SEALIGHT 6000K LED Headlight? You're the only person I've seen on the forum who has one. I bought one off of Amazon for $40, but I haven't installed it yet. Is it a big improvement over stock? Do you have to cut the rubber boot or do any other modifications to install it?
I am really impressed with the SEALIGHT 6000k.
I thought it would have more of a blue hue - but it's a very crisp/bright white. Much brighter than stock.
I had to adjust the beam direction up a bit after the install. The length of the bulb after it was seated in the housing was a tiny bit shorter, so the actual beam out of the headlight assembly ended up pointing a bit lower. Once I adjusted it - it's much brighter for a much longer distance.
I'll see if I can get a nighttime picture for you and post it. (They never really do it justice though)
I don't remember having to modify/cut the rubber boot, I'll take a look when I get home.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't mind the grime - I think there's still a few bugs on there. :)
So the Boot fit over the bulb, I haven't had any problems here. I know the heatsink gets a bit hot, but it clears the rubber so I think it's fine.
Boot.jpg
Front1.jpg
Front2.jpg

I didn't get a chance to get nighttime pics, I"ll try to do that as soon as I can.
But the two small bulbs on either side of my headlight were replaced with a blue LED. You can clearly tell the 6000k is a crisp white in these photos.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts