Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

SHAD Top Case or Tank Bag?

13K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  s fortuna 
#1 ·
Ordered my new FZ9 for my 40th Bday! Very excited about this but I need a trunk or tail bag, not sure about the tail bag but found the shad case and it looks pretty nice to me:

Called Shad and it looks the top mount needed is not in stock yet (Available starting first week of March) they offered me a 10% discount code for the mount and the top case at online. Code: SHAD10FZ9

Top Mount:

FAZER FZ9

Suggested top case:

SHAD SH39 TOP CASE

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Fuel tank

Seems like a great option, have read great things about SHAD, looks Yamaha US carries a range of their cases also.... any pictures on FZ9?

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
Shad has great quality and are right up there with the best. They are almost as pricey as the Givis but definitely worth it.
However, the picture is weird showing the rear of the bike with the rear cowl off! I checked the literature and the plastics come back on- so that was a relief to see!
IMO, the rack doesnt seem very well integrated with the lines of the bike like the OEM rack does- which btw, costs about the same and can fit a Shad trunk with the adapter. But, practicality wise, you can't go wrong with either.

#5 ·
Oh yes, it was an oversight- the OEm is about $230/240 odd delivered from Canada- maybe your dealer can give you a discount? $110 sounds good...maybe wait for the SW-Motech which may fit well. Like I said, can't go wrong as far as practicality goes.

#7 ·
Correct...
The SHAD line does NOT fit on the OEM Yamaha rear carrier, I made it fit however but it is about 2" beyond the triangle aka from the stop forward (rear carrier).
Honestly I would not purchased the SHAD line, if I knew about it before hand. But I made already an over $300 dollars investment for the needed functionality.
Check my SHAD L46 installation thread for additional picture.
But I can say, handling wise I mean through commuting traffic and dodging everything (semi aggressive), I haven't notice a change (~3lb). BUT as soon as I load it up with groceries and 2 6packs I can feel the differences.

OEM and SHAD unverisal mounting plate is a miss fit -sorry
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.