Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I emailed Shad to get info on the seat for my FZ09 and they told me is arriving on Feb 5th, they offer me a special introductory price of $329, I placed my order and I’ll be posting pictures and review as soon I receive it.

Looking on the FZ08 forum it looks riders are pretty happy and the seat is a huge improvement from the stock seat.

Shad Seat Installed Pics and Review

I ordered from shad directly at

SHAD Comfort Seat for Yamaha FZ09

mt09 seat pq.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Maybe it should have been posted in the gear and accessories section

Reactions: robby54 and Obijack

·
Registered
462 Posts
Looks awesome! What's the shipping cost? Possible to get it with FZ lettering instead of MT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
shipping

Maybe it should have been posted in the gear and accessories section
Sorry...is there anyway I can move the post? not very good a forums :cool:

Regarding shipping, it cost me $25 and the purchase will not be charged until product arrives and is shipped.
It only comes with the MT embroidery since the manufacturer is in Europe and this is how the bike is called there, pretty bad but I don't mind since I'm looking is comfort for long distances.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hmmm so now the debate is shad or Sargent?? I like how the Sargent seat has the storage box, that's really the only difference I see

·
Registered
462 Posts
The shad seems to have a thicker pillion section and looks nicer aesthetically (to me). Looking forward to reviews!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I was going to post a review shortly but haven't had any long trips with the seat. Possibly this weekend.
I got this shortly after Christmas- probably the first one in the US to get it. They had two pieces from Europe. They expect FZ or no lettering versions to come in later this year.

Without the rack:

A comparison with the stock seat:

Quick report:
Definitely more comfortable than the stock seat- doesnt seem to put pressure on the tail bone even when sitting up. I was okay with the stock but this definitely allows for a little more comfort. I like that it adds a few mm of height and makes me sit even more upright- more supermoto. I like! :D
The main reason to get it was for the wife- who has had very little time on it, considering our weather conditions in the north east. She seems comfortable on it- even without the airhawk. I use a Triboseat to prevent her from sliding- the one made for the stock worked on this seat. She did not find it as hard as the stock seat for sure.
Materials and quality is top notch. The "MT" lettering- I can live with it, the FZ is a Master of Torque, so eh...I could do without the white piping though. The gripper material on the sides seems mostly cosmetic but I think it does prevent one from sliding from side to side. The main seat material is not very slippery and even with my textile overpants, I wasn't sliding around.

Will report on long distance duties soon and post a separate topic on it. I think it's worth the $$.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Awesome, look forward to hearing more about it, especially for passenger. Fitment to the bike is good?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Awesome, look forward to hearing more about it, especially for passenger. Fitment to the bike is good?

Actually the Shad pan fits the bike better- no rattling without adding anything extra.
Also keeps the profile low- very close to stock- without bulging much at the back- like the corbin lady.
Seat slope is straighter- so no sliding forward unless braking super hard obviously.

·
Registered
358 Posts
For some reason Tapatalk gave me a random notification to this thread when I woke up this morning.. and now here I am trying to find one to buy!

There are a few suppliers on Ebay listing this for $285-295.. I emailed the vendor asking about shipping costs and haven't gotten a word back yet.. I will update as soon as I receive an answer. here is the link >>Shad Seat Selle Confort Noir Gris Yamaha MT 09 MT09 FZ9 2014 2015 | eBay

1 - 12 of 12 Posts