Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Shad seat on my FZ-09. I ordered from Shad USA directly since my dealer didn't have it. It was a great purchase and I have about 30,000 comfortable miles on it.

Received a Code by email some days ago as an actual shad customer, it looks it works for future purchases
Yamaha FZ09 Seat FZ09

Discount Code for 10% OFF: SHAD10FZ9

:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Does this seat push you forward towards the tank like the stock seat. That's my main complaint with the stock seat. After a short while, my sitz bones light up, agonizing. For me, I think it's because of the forward slant of the seat.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Does this seat push you forward towards the tank like the stock seat. That's my main complaint with the stock seat. After a short while, my sitz bones light up, agonizing. For me, I think it's because of the forward slant of the seat.
No it does not. It seems, Motorock, Southrider and myself don't have an issue with sliding towards the tank.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im totally with you! I'm 130 pounds and skinny and i have the same EXACT problems.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Haha, those are pictures of the seat on my bike on the site!

And yes, no sliding for me, definitely improved comfort over long distances and as for passenger comfort, so far the wife has not asked for the Airhwak that we used for her on the stock seat. Haven't done a long trip with her but so far, it's been great. I think this seat is one of the best out there without taking away from the stock look of the bike.

·
Registered
102 Posts
"I have a Shad seat on my FZ-09. I ordered from Shad USA directly since my dealer didn't have it. It was a great purchase and I have about 30,000 comfortable miles on it."

Are you serious? 30,000 miles!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"I have a Shad seat on my FZ-09. I ordered from Shad USA directly since my dealer didn't have it. It was a great purchase and I have about 30,000 comfortable miles on it."

Are you serious? 30,000 miles!
I know is a lot!! I’ve been riding to work pretty solid for the last 5+ years and I wouldn't change that, job is 59 min. from home , plus two trips in the last year from FL to CA for family visits.
Better two wheels than a cage...It is a lifestyle choice when so many other things which aren't
:eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts