Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with Seth Laam. He has my seat off my Concours 14 and has had it for a while.

This is his super busy time of the year and he is a one man show, able to do 3 seats a day.

To make matters worse he hired a new secretary a couple of months ago from another seat company. She though he could do 6 seats a day like her old company and was booking completion dates accordingly. Then her dad died a couple of weeks ago so she has been out of the office since then. This explains why those of you trying to correspond with Laam Seats have not had any success as of late.

So before you write him off and send a cruise missile up to his Redding facility...perhaps say a prayer for the man. He is totally swamped, stressed out and feels terrible that he has caused others grief.

He is working 15 hours a day to get caught up.

Believe me that his seats are definitely worth the wait. :joyous:

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
this is a pretty common story with these guys (at least in my experience) - excellent craftsmanship but a few stutters on the business side. Very hard to do both and find good help at that.

In the world of amazon prime - these guys are the ones who suffer - we as consumers should appreciate the struggle and offer leniency - without guys like him - we would be buying sub par products from China.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this is a pretty common story with these guys (at least in my experience) - excellent craftsmanship but a few stutters on the business side. Very hard to do both and find good help at that.

In the world of amazon prime - these guys are the ones who suffer - we as consumers should appreciate the struggle and offer leniency - without guys like him - we would be buying sub par products from China.
Right on Beck. I totally agree.

You da man!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I emailed him about a week ago, got an email returned within 4 days. From the reviews I've seen here and elsewhere I think the seat will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was wondering why he hasn't returned calls, emails, etc. Thanks Hawk for the update. I will give him some time before trying again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts