Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I start my fz it is always by default in STD mode. I was wondering if you could change this so that it will start in A mode every time. Or B mode. It's not a big deal but I never ride in STD. Always either A or B so when I start the bike the first thing I do is change the mode. Thanks guys

·
Registered
93 Posts
From the top of my head, I think when you get your ECU reflashed, your only options are 'A mode' or don't touch it and keep it at STD.

·
Super Moderator
5,708 Posts
The FlashTune reflash allows you the option of selecting which mode you want it to start in.....A, STD, or B. Once it is set, at the reflash, it will default to that mode everytime and you cannot change it yourself, as far as default startup.....if would have to be reflashed again to change to a different default. Of course you can change the riding mode anytime just like you can now by pressing the mode button with the throttle closed, just not the default part of it.

·
Registered
554 Posts
When my ecu got reflashed it was changed to default in A mode. The stoltec reflash is so good in A mode I haven't used standard or B since then other than the initial testing.

Daniel

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I guess if there are some minor niggling defects with the FZ09, the lack of the ability to select which map is the default is definitely one of them.

I generally use STD mode on my commute and switch to A mode when out riding for fun.

Regarding the unhealthiness of STDs: Motorcycle riding in general is not considered a "healthy" habit.

Reactions: fz9-tx-guy

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I guess if there are some minor niggling defects with the FZ09, the lack of the ability to select which map is the default is definitely one of them.

I generally use STD mode on my commute and switch to A mode when out riding for fun.

Regarding the unhealthiness of STDs: Motorcycle riding in general is not considered a "healthy" habit.
That's why I use protection... like putting a helmet on my head! LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts