Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could a Harley Indy shop do the 600 mile maintenance? I can change the oil, but anything with the injectors, I don't have the experience. I normally go to this place that sells mostly Harleys. They are great guys. I'm wondering if they could do the service on this bike or if the dealer would be a better option. Thanks!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Generally no. Most HD dealerships don't keep metric tools on hand, only SAE. Your best option is to take it to a Yamaha dealer. Not only that but a Yamaha dealer will know to check whether or not your bike is subject to the faulty CCT issue.

·
Registered
276 Posts
If you can change your oil and filter, do that yourself. Surprisingly the manual is accurate on changing the oil.
HD dealer to service a Yamaha, not so much. No.
Weapon is right about the Yamaha dealer knowing about the tensioner issue also.
Some things to watch for are the drive chain slack and the tire pressure. These figures are not right in the manual.
HD probably wouldn't have the tools to check the injector sync either.
If your bike is running fine, you may not want this done anyway, at least not until 5 k miles or more.
Generally, most of a service call can be done by the owner at home. Most all of it is a pre-ride check anyway.
Go for it and if you know the HD techs well, invite them over for beverages and they will be glad to help you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts