Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting pretty close to hitting my 600 mile service range, and it's going to be my first time having a new bike serviced. Does anyone have ballpark pricing on how much they pay for the service?
I'm considering just starting to pick up the tools needed to preform all the maintenance myself since I have the manuals and a decent amount of experience working on older bikes, and I'd like to know how fast they will pay for themselves.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Just change the oil and filter and then take it somewhere other than a dealer to have the Fuel Injectors calibrated. Or, do that yourself if you have the right gauges.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Cost me $150.96 for oil change and throttle body synch. Left the dealer and rode about two miles and the oil light came on, low oil level. Took it back and the said they "only needed a half quart". That is a lot on a bike. They will not get any business from me again.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Cost me $150.96 for oil change and throttle body synch. Left the dealer and rode about two miles and the oil light came on, low oil level. Took it back and the said they "only needed a half quart". That is a lot on a bike. They will not get any business from me again.
This is more common than it should be. It happened to my bike as well at the dealership I bought mine from.

·
Registered
418 Posts
They probably just looked at the sight glass cold and didn't start the engine like you're supposed to do to ensure the level is correct after an oil change. That's the reason why I only go to a dealership to buy a new toy. After that I NEVER return unless it's to buy another toy or for warranty work.

Reactions: RichBaker and Biker
1 - 5 of 5 Posts