Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I've never bought a new bike so I'm not sure how odd it is that there was no service manual included when we all bought the fz. Is there a reason behind this or is it typical?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Bought my FZ6 brand new and didn't get the service manual for free... but maybe it's a Yamaha thing??

I'm of the opinion that most manufacturers do not want to encourage people to work on their own bikes... thus no supplied service manual with purchase.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Bought my FZ6 brand new and didn't get the service manual for free... but maybe it's a Yamaha thing??

I'm of the opinion that most manufacturers do not want to encourage people to work on their own bikes... thus no supplied service manual with purchase.
Ah I was under the assumption it was like a car one where they recommend you come in ever 2k miles to refill your blinker fluid and check for tiny unicorns poking holes in your exhaust pipe

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I got a free service manual and a Case of Blue Yamaha Beer with my bike, from the dealer.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Paper or CD?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Service manuals are never included.
Kawasaki, none
Suzuki, none
Yamaha, none
Triumph, none
I got a free service manual and a Case of Blue Yamaha Beer with my bike, from the dealer.
Never say never!

I got the .PDF version of the service manual for my FZ6 and had the local FedEx/Kinkos place print it up spiral bound so it would stay open and lay flat. Cost $40 bucks, but also prefer paper manuals.

·
Registered
584 Posts
If anyone has one... paper or CD... $40 is a great price

·
Registered
277 Posts
Never say never!

I got the .PDF version of the service manual for my FZ6 and had the local FedEx/Kinkos place print it up spiral bound so it would stay open and lay flat. Cost $40 bucks, but also prefer paper manuals.
This is what I did for both the R1 and FZ6. And I plan to do the same for the 09 when it's available.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Did you have to pay for it? I feel like if I go to my dealer they should get it for me. Or did you do this directly thru Yamaha?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts