Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to remember one member posting a parts break down drawing for the cam chain tensioner. I can not find where I saw it, if I even really did see it.
Does any one know?

·
Registered
555 Posts
I bought a service manual from ebay for 40 bucks in PDF format.

Worth its weight in gold.

Here in oz the dealer wanted nearly 150 bucks. No thanks.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
It's downloadable on numerous torrents. Just Google it. It has a dealership watermark on it, which is annoying, but it's still readable.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is a good idea that completely slipped my mind. A supporting vendor too. This is a good tool for just a quick snapshot of the various assemblies.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
It would be great to have snapshots of the parts without incriminating watermarks on the diagrams, but it does not exist. The person on eBay is eventually going to get arrested.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
It would be great to have snapshots of the parts without incriminating watermarks on the diagrams, but it does not exist. The person on eBay is eventually going to get arrested.
I highly doubt the eBay person will be getting arrested.

I contacted them through eBay when it first showed up (it was $19.99 the first day, and now it's $34.95) asking about watermarks and if it was a legal copy (which I knew it wasn't, just wanted to see what they would say). The response I got was not pleasant and was obviously written by someone who "knew" the English language as a second, or more likely fourth, language. If they aren't in the US, the likelihood of arrest is slim to none.

They also don't have a long feedback history, which would indicate they keep getting shut down for selling copyright material, and reopening under a new username.

The catalog of service manuals they sell is quite extensive.

They've been doing this a while I think.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I seem to remember one member posting a parts break down drawing for the cam chain tensioner. I can not find where I saw it, if I even really did see it.
Does any one know?
Don't know if this is helpful but you can see various parts breakdown drawings here, eg:

Save 20% on 2014 Yamaha FZ09 OEM Camshaft Chain Parts | MotoSport

[The URL pastes in as motosport.com etc etc but displays as "Save 20%" etc etc - just to make clear I'm not trying to push business their way. The break down drawings however seem quite helpful.]

Edit … Just seen this thread so apologies for the duplication …

http://www.fz09.org/forum/32-yamaha-fz-09-guides-how-s/912-all-your-parts-needs-pictures.html

·
Registered
393 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts