Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,680 Posts
I saw one go by in Taos, NM last month. It didn’t look too bad, though it didn’t have any bags, so the rear sides looked a little ‘skeletal’. It sounded pretty cool, almost like a Triumph Tiger, with some gear whine and a Jetsons-style exhaust note. Not at all like any Harley I ever heard, including the V-rod. (That’s a very good thing, IMO)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I saw one twice on Sun. I was at a stop sign heading north, he went by westbound on a state highway. I proceeded north to the next crossroad and turned left. The next stop sign was at another state highway and while I was waiting to cross, here he comes.

Having had the chance to look them over @ Road America during the MotoAmerica weekend, they are interesting for a Harley but I won't be rushing out to buy one.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
1,191 Posts
In all fairness they had good Q1 after years of declining sales - probably PanAm effect

View attachment 166044
agree about the pan am - they seem to be selling pretty well. I don't recall the one that battleborn saw, but I know I passed 3 or 4 around Sonoma before and after my class on sunday. They do not sound like a harley at all. In fact the 'dominating' noise on a stock one seems to be the engine 'whirr' rather than the exhaust note.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I saw one twice on Sun. I was at a stop sign heading north, he went by westbound on a state highway. I proceeded north to the next crossroad and turned left. The next stop sign was at another state highway and while I was waiting to cross, here he comes.

Having had the chance to look them over @ Road America during the MotoAmerica weekend, they are interesting for a Harley but I won't be rushing out to buy one.
I’ll check one out when they begin to hit the used market when the economy crashes again.

141 - 144 of 144 Posts