Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha MT-09 SP
55 Posts
Did the designer know the 80'es er over?
OR did someone take away his medications again?
You may not like the way that looks, but that's a 117 Cubic In. Engine which is about 1900cc's just rolling on the throttle will lay a black strip of rubber on the ground lmao

And that bike is a Harley CVO Road Glide, so that's about $40,000 USD for a BASE model! I'd never buy one myself but, that's a crazy amount of torque and a crazy amount of money.

·
Registered
286 Posts
You may not like the way that looks, but that's a 117 Cubic In. Engine which is about 1900cc's just rolling on the throttle will lay a black strip of rubber on the ground lmao

And that bike is a Harley CVO Road Glide, so that's about $40,000 USD for a BASE model! I'd never buy one myself but, that's a crazy amount of torque and a crazy amount of money.
One of those tried to race my Diavel from the traffic light. Oh the hilarity!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I was out running a few errands this afternoon and I saw this Harley. I found a picture in the same model and color. That is one damn ugly motorcycle. View attachment 165571
It looks like this truly dumb, closely-eyed inbred guy with buck teeth slurring "oh yeah?" in a dive bar. I guess they know their clientele...

·
Registered
595 Posts
The rural area where I ride has a red neck biker bar that I regularly stop at to slake my thirst. I've been going there for 20 years and like it because it has picnic tables so I can sit outside in the shade. It gets busy on weekends, there can be 50+ bikes there, usually all Harleys. After guzzling beers, I wonder how the guys can tell which one is theirs because 75% are black.

I was there a couple of days ago and ran into an acquaintance I hadn't seen since the normal time, pre-pandemic. He shared with me that his dad had died, then pointed to his new Harley, a 2021 sometingorother model. He said, 'You're looking at a house, there.', referring to the cost. He must have inherited a chunk of change and blew a lot on a 950 lb. sled. To each their own. To be polite, I told him it was a beauty. To be fair, these guys mostly humor me and are usually nice, even if they don't 'get' me. I'm the old guy who rides the 'Jap bike' and someone is always asking, 'When you gonna get yourself a real bike?' I guess there's no accounting for personal taste.

Reactions: ChesterBurnet

·
Banned
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

That 117 cubic in engine is a big fat pig of a joke that makes 93 hp and 108 lbs of torque. What a joke. And of course the legendary Harley torque. They're giant slugs. I can't tell you how many times Harleys of all different sizes and types have looked at my bike and assumed it's small bore and decided they wanted to race me. It's hillarious. I've punished them with my 75 hp Ducati scrambler, anhilated them with my XSR900 and FJ 09 and turned them invisible with my MT 10. But they keep coming and asking for it. Maybe 108 lbs of torque is impressive on a well digger but it's a joke which Harley touts as performance. I've ridden them. They are slugs. You do realize that 1900 CC = 2 MT 09s at 115 hp each. That's an absolute embarrassment. No wonder Harley never talks about horsepower. Torque without horsepower is a make pretend stat for them to console themselves with. Please take the Harley torque argument elsewhere. Most everyone here is too smart and has too much common sense to listen to that absurd shit.

______________________________MT 09__________________________MT 10
Displacement847 cc998 cc
Max power115 hp (@10 000 RPM)160 hp (@11 500 RPM)
Max torque64 lb ft (@8 500 RPM)81 lb ft (@9 000 RPM)

·
Registered
595 Posts
I just tell them I already have one ! Where is yours ?
That bar draws bikers from a wide area so as I ride, it's not unusual to find myself behind a gaggle of Harleys riding like they're leading a Shriner's parade - 40 mph. Since the roads are all twisty 2-lanes, sometime you can get stuck behind them for miles. I wait for a safe place, snick into 3rd gear, and smoke them as I pass. I've often expected to be confronted for hurting their feelings when they finally show up at the bar, but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe they don't really want to draw attention to how slow their barges are.

Reactions: 1216bandit

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha MT-09 SP
27 Posts

Tell me you've never ridden a Harley without telling me you've never ridden a Harley.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Yup, butt-ugly. Not my style. My friends would have me committed if I ever showed up on something like that.

Some like them...to each his own...

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
1,021 Posts
Def the ugliest they produce but smokes ours in comfort for long distance and wind protection so many cry for on our NAKED bikes lol. I'd never buy a Harley for speed or to carve canyons. Just like I didn't buy the 09 for long distance riding or wind protection.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,668 Posts
Def the ugliest they produce but smokes ours in comfort for long distance and wind protection so many cry for on our NAKED bikes lol. I'd never buy a Harley for speed or to carve canyons. Just like I didn't buy the 09 for long distance riding or wind protection.
I would ride a Tracer 9 GT 1000 miles before I would ride any Harley 100. I realize that many people find HD’s comfortable, but I do not. The riding position kills my lower back.

Thank goodness we have choices…

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Torque by rpm divided by 5252 equals power. Bugger all rpm equals bugger all power. Harley QED.

Reactions: Keef

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,668 Posts
I still think the Pan America looks like Robby the Robot from The Forbidden Planet…

1 - 20 of 144 Posts