Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Triumph Bonneville T100. I really dig the classic look. I took one for a test ride today and while the engine isn't exactly amazing, I do like the very linear acceleration. It also takes me back to riding dirt bikes as a kid and I found myself smiling a lot, similar to how I feel on my 09. There's a definite "motorcycle" feel to it. I'd probably throw on a windshield and use it as a touring bike too. I'm a meager 5'7'' so the tall adventure bikes, while very cool (and expensive), just don't work out for me.

Does anyone have experience with the Bonneville or opinions?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Love the Bonnie's. Any reason you like that over a thruxton?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The main reason is the seating position. For all-day comfort I'd rather be on the T100...also my girlfriend will want to ride and the ability to strap bags/panniers to the larger seat makes it the winner.

·
Registered
883 Posts
The Triumph Scrambler is a model that attracts me for some reason, but at the 2014 motorcycle show in Timonium, Maryland I caught myself admiring the Bonneville right next to the Scrambler. From my perspective, the attraction is understandable.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Has anyone seen or ridden a new Ducati Scrambler? for retro looking bike with new technology, they look pretty good.

Ducati-Scramblers.JPG

Reactions: FZjohn

·
Super Moderator
4,348 Posts
I love the Bonnie. And as different as it is from a FZ09, I considered buying a T100.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oooh, the Scrambler, if only I were 6 foot! I sat on one and rode one as well, because that was my first choice! The exhaust being high up on the bike caused my right leg to rub while riding and trying to stand while stopped was impossible because it pushed my knee outwards too much. My toes barely touched the ground. In this Texas heat, I think my best bet is an exhaust that isn't 1/4" away from my leg.

That Ducati looks awesome! I'd still go with the Bonneville but I can see the allure to the newer technologies on the Duc.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I've been secretly drooling over the T100 Black... I get where you're coming from. :)

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
The only local Ducati dealer doesn't have any Scramblers in, as they are making room for all the new sleds. I am sure they with have some for the big January bike show.

Unfortunately the local Triumph dealer is the worst dealer in town. Somehow they always turn a good sale price tag into a rip off after they add all their shipping, setup, paperwork, PDI, etc. fees. Which is too bad, as I know a lot of people who have gone to different bikes because of it. :(

·
Registered
181 Posts
Triumph Bonneville T100. I really dig the classic look. I took one for a test ride today and while the engine isn't exactly amazing, I do like the very linear acceleration. It also takes me back to riding dirt bikes as a kid and I found myself smiling a lot, similar to how I feel on my 09. There's a definite "motorcycle" feel to it. I'd probably throw on a windshield and use it as a touring bike too. I'm a meager 5'7'' so the tall adventure bikes, while very cool (and expensive), just don't work out for me.

Does anyone have experience with the Bonneville or opinions?
The local Triumph dealer has dropped his distributor status. Still has some inventory at smoking prices. Bonnie's, Scramblers and Thruxtons as Wes's as several triples and Thunderbirds. http://shorelinemotorsports.com

Just bought a 2014 Speedmaster from Ken to keep the Fz-09 company.

JW

·
Registered
181 Posts
I love the Bonnie. And as different as it is from a FZ09, I considered buying a T100.
Me too. Came down to the FZ and the Bonnie. Figured that I'd get the FZ now and a Bonnie later if I still want one. I still do. But bought the Speesmaster for now, great 2 up riding with the wife.

JW

1 - 11 of 11 Posts