Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ride details:

Meet at the Chevron station at 3584 G St, Merced, CA 95340 (corner of G and Yosemite) at 8:30am.

That way everyone can fill up before we take off.

KSU at 9am

We should arrive at noon for lunch at the Iron Door Saloon at 18761 Main St, Groveland, CA 95321

I do not endorse or suggest consuming alcohol on the ride. I picked the Iron Door Saloon as it is an interesting, storied place.

If anyone wants to meet us there, that is great as well!

We should return to my house in Merced at about 3pm.

As some of you know, I recently moved to Merced.

I have a small ranchette with 3.3 ac, 2800 sq ft house, pool, hot tub, 2400 sq ft workshop, and 120 yard around flat track.

I also have a few play bikes TTR125/230

For playing on the flat track.

I have to teach an intermediate riding clinic nearby on the next day, Sep 18, if anyone is interested in that class, let me know.

You can register for the IRC here:

https://app.msi5.com/scripts/i5.exe?book=CALVALMTI&page=CS.CL.Select&CC=IRC&SC=MERCED

My thoughts for Saturday the 17th is:

Meet at my house or some place in Merced, ride a few local roads out toward Mariposa and Yosemite and up and down hwy 49 and other roads.

End up at my house for a bbq and pool to cool off and eat.

It can be a pitch in where you bring things to eat snd drink or pitch in a few $.

I don't drink alcohol but if you wish to bring some beer you are welcome to do so, however, please no riding after consuming alcohol.

I have already invited some other moto friends over on this same date.

Let me know if you want to attend and if you have any ideas for rides or activities.

Reactions: jotal and shamrock

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump, reminder

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump, let me know if anyone is planning on coming over. If not, I may go do a trackday.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a quick reminder. Let me know who is coming.

I have an interesting ride in mind.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Hey just saw this.

I made an attempt a while ago for a ride out of Fresno but was not much interest.

Crap sounds like you have a dirt bike track at your house too. I have a plated WR450 for sliding around. Is the track MX or a flat track oval kind of deal.

I might just through a leg over my FZ and head your way.

Don't forget to include your address so we know where to go.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The track is 120 yard around flat track

I will PM the address to those interested as I don't want to broadcast it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Damn. Wish I lived a little closer!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What route do you have in mind?

Forecast high is around low 90's so should be a delight up in the hills.

Also can guys on other brands come too?
I have a couple of ideas.

Do you have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am thinking something like:
Merced to Snelling to Hornitos rd to Old Toll rd to Hwy 49 to Coulterville to J132 to Greely Hill rd to Smith Station rd to 120 to Groveland for lunch then Priest - Coulterville rd to Coulterville to Hwy 132 to Merced Falls to Snelling and back to Merced

That is a relatively short loop with a lot of fun roads

If we wanted to go further, we could add in Wards Ferry Rd from Groveland to Sonora and have lunch in Sonora and then Hwy 108 to Hwy 49 back to Coulterville

Depends on the group size and such if only a few folks show up the longer route would be my preference.

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Need some help with the acronyms starting with "KSU"

And the following: CMSP/MTC and Total Control IRC and ARC instructor and MSF Ridercoach

Being a pilot for the last 40 years I am usually pretty good with acronyms...Lol.
KSU = Kickstands up - comes from pilot lingo of "wheels up" at...

CMSP = California Motorcyclist Safety Program
MTC = Motorcyclist Training Course = the basic motorcycle operators' class in the CMSP and Total Control curricula and can earn the rider a certificate to bypass the riding portion of the motorcycle licensing at the California Department of Motor Vehicles
IRC = Intermediate Riding Clinic = intermediate motorcycle operators' class in the Total Control curriculum
ARC = Advance Riding Clinic = Advanced motorcycle operators' class in the Total Control curriculum
MSF = Motorcycle Safety Foundation within the MSF I am certified to teach the Basic RiderCourse, the Basic RiderCourse2/Experienced RiderCourse and the Advanced RiderCourse/Military Sportbike RiderCourse

I have been teaching the MSF classes for 7 years and the Total Control classes for about 19 months.

In addition to being a motorcycle safety educator I am also an electrical engineer and an attorney and practicing as a patent attorney for the last 17 years.

:)

·
Registered
110 Posts
So hawker want to meetup around 7:30 to head up to Merced?

Are other brands allowed? I have a buddy with an aprilia tuono that would probably like to join. Cool guy for being a douch baggy Italian bike lover.

Do you guys have comms? I have a sena.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So hawker want to meetup around 7:30 to head up to Merced?

Are other brands allowed? I have a buddy with an aprilia tuono that would probably like to join. Cool guy for being a douch baggy Italian bike lover.

Do you guys have comms? I have a sena.
Anyone on any bike is welcome.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts