Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everybody!

I have a 2 week old Impaktech Crash Cage for sale, for a 2014-2016 FZ 09. I ordered the crash cage on January 6th and received the cage January 22nd. I then installed the cage on January 29th, and that's it. I haven't even attached/drilled into the protective pucks, i just simple placed them in the holes to see how it would look all together. The cage has no scratches, dents, or dings. I took the bike out for a 5 mile ride to test out my new brake lines, and that's the only time the cage has left the garage.

The reason i'm selling the cage is because i decided to go a different route on the "new season customization", so, my loss is your gain.

I would like to get $350. I feel this is reasonable, as I paid $473. I am open to reasonable offers.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like to see more pictures!

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Tire

· Read Only
2017 FZ09
72 Posts
Wow! Just got my cages from Impaktech back and front.($933). I like 'em. (2017 FZ09). I was worried about the weight and Sun, from Impaktech that both cages were right at, 21-22lbs, SO!, I took off 27.5 lbs(my bike, OEM pipes,rear foot pegs w/brackets, little 2.5" mirrors etc). I had a custom seat that weighed about 5-6lbs, and bought a saddlemen gripper(not in pic), but I'm 6'2"/200lbs and weight was a concern. I thought the cages would hit my shins, but I barely notice them. I've just put so much money in this bike, that if I lay it down, I want to be able to put it back on the road quickly. If I raced my bike at the track, the cages would have to come off. But the "sliders"? I don't have much faith in them. But the front cage does look nice on your bike.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
42 Posts
TacoFZ, that's a nice stunt cage, at a good price. I'd have definitely considered it if it was in red. GLWS!

@FZ09-OLD MAN: Why do you say cages have to come off on the racetrack? Is it because of excess weight or is it too low that it will scrape a lot during leans?
Please let me know. That will help me make my decision. Thanks.

· Read Only
2017 FZ09
72 Posts
TacoFZ, that's a nice stunt cage, at a good price. I'd have definitely considered it if it was in red. GLWS!

@FZ09-OLD MAN: Why do you say cages have to come off on the racetrack? Is it because of excess weight or is it too low that it will scrape a lot during leans?
Please let me know. That will help me make my decision. Thanks.
Hi, It's because of weight only(1/4 mile drag-only). On the drag strip(1/4), weight can be a killer. I saw a guy CW09 do a 9.71 in Florida, ET, but he weighs 153? lbs-ha. I'll never see 153 lbs again. The guy at Impaktech, Sun told me that the front cage is 7 lbs per side, and 7 lbs for the rear cage. So, I got 10 of it from the OEM exhaust, 5.5 lbs from the rear mud guard arm, 5lbs from the OEM rear foot pegs(w/bracket), got rid of the 2.5" round mirror(prev-owner). As far as scraping the cages on the track, if your hitting the cages, your bike is sliding on it side(ha). I really believe the cages make the frame stronger, especially the rear one(that crosses over to the other side). I have my favorite strip of highway with twisties and it's about 5 miles long, with fresh pavement, and I've almost lost it 2-3 times, so I"m glad I have my cages. The rubber "pucks" are $4 each. Had an accident drag racing GS1100, in Seattle(84-85) and I was doing about 100, and just ruffed-up
my jeans(little bit of butt too). I have laid down every bike I've owned except the VMAX and this one. I'm one of the guys that needs cages(ha).

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey everybody!

I have a 2 week old Impaktech Crash Cage for sale, for a 2014-2016 FZ 09. I ordered the crash cage on January 6th and received the cage January 22nd. I then installed the cage on January 29th, and that's it. I haven't even attached/drilled into the protective pucks, i just simple placed them in the holes to see how it would look all together. The cage has no scratches, dents, or dings. I took the bike out for a 5 mile ride to test out my new brake lines, and that's the only time the cage has left the garage.

The reason i'm selling the cage is because i decided to go a different route on the "new season customization", so, my loss is your gain.

I would like to get $350. I feel this is reasonable, as I paid $473. I am open to reasonable offers.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like to see more pictures!

View attachment 157846 View attachment 157845
Hello, I am quite interested in your cage... is it still available?

· Registered
4 Posts
Hey everybody!

View attachment 157846 View attachment 157845
Hi did you sell the crash cage??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.