Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everybody!

I have a 2 week old Impaktech Crash Cage for sale, for a 2014-2016 FZ 09. I ordered the crash cage on January 6th and received the cage January 22nd. I then installed the cage on January 29th, and that's it. I haven't even attached/drilled into the protective pucks, i just simple placed them in the holes to see how it would look all together. The cage has no scratches, dents, or dings. I took the bike out for a 5 mile ride to test out my new brake lines, and that's the only time the cage has left the garage.

The reason i'm selling the cage is because i decided to go a different route on the "new season customization", so, my loss is your gain.

I would like to get $350. I feel this is reasonable, as I paid $473. I am open to reasonable offers.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like to see more pictures!

EA5F5A04-AB7A-4F7E-BE22-B2E7074CCCA2.JPG IMG-6172.JPG

·
Registered
2017 FZ09
63 Posts
Wow! Just got my cages from Impaktech back and front.($933). I like 'em. (2017 FZ09). I was worried about the weight and Sun, from Impaktech that both cages were right at, 21-22lbs, SO!, I took off 27.5 lbs(my bike, OEM pipes,rear foot pegs w/brackets, little 2.5" mirrors etc). I had a custom seat that weighed about 5-6lbs, and bought a saddlemen gripper(not in pic), but I'm 6'2"/200lbs and weight was a concern. I thought the cages would hit my shins, but I barely notice them. I've just put so much money in this bike, that if I lay it down, I want to be able to put it back on the road quickly. If I raced my bike at the track, the cages would have to come off. But the "sliders"? I don't have much faith in them. But the front cage does look nice on your bike.
2017 FZ09.JPG

·
Registered
42 Posts
TacoFZ, that's a nice stunt cage, at a good price. I'd have definitely considered it if it was in red. GLWS!

@FZ09-OLD MAN: Why do you say cages have to come off on the racetrack? Is it because of excess weight or is it too low that it will scrape a lot during leans?
Please let me know. That will help me make my decision. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ll drop the price for the right guy! Powder coat isn’t too expensive. It’s haunting me 😂, I need it out of here

·
Registered
2017 FZ09
63 Posts
TacoFZ, that's a nice stunt cage, at a good price. I'd have definitely considered it if it was in red. GLWS!

@FZ09-OLD MAN: Why do you say cages have to come off on the racetrack? Is it because of excess weight or is it too low that it will scrape a lot during leans?
Please let me know. That will help me make my decision. Thanks.
Hi, It's because of weight only(1/4 mile drag-only). On the drag strip(1/4), weight can be a killer. I saw a guy CW09 do a 9.71 in Florida, ET, but he weighs 153? lbs-ha. I'll never see 153 lbs again. The guy at Impaktech, Sun told me that the front cage is 7 lbs per side, and 7 lbs for the rear cage. So, I got 10 of it from the OEM exhaust, 5.5 lbs from the rear mud guard arm, 5lbs from the OEM rear foot pegs(w/bracket), got rid of the 2.5" round mirror(prev-owner). As far as scraping the cages on the track, if your hitting the cages, your bike is sliding on it side(ha). I really believe the cages make the frame stronger, especially the rear one(that crosses over to the other side). I have my favorite strip of highway with twisties and it's about 5 miles long, with fresh pavement, and I've almost lost it 2-3 times, so I"m glad I have my cages. The rubber "pucks" are $4 each. Had an accident drag racing GS1100, in Seattle(84-85) and I was doing about 100, and just ruffed-up
my jeans(little bit of butt too). I have laid down every bike I've owned except the VMAX and this one. I'm one of the guys that needs cages(ha).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts